cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment

dentonb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I needed to delay payment by one day so i removed auto pay , sometimes public takes the money out of account on different dates . My question is once you remove auto pay is it removed immediately? And my due date is the 8th of june but i wont have the money til the 9th i did this to avoid nsf charges …. I wish there was a way to just notify public mobile to ask not to take the payment out til the next day … or is there a way ? Ughh

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lion_98 wrote:

I have the same situation as you and I don't know how to solve it, it's been driving me crazy for a whole week and I have to go to Goodgame Empire to relieve it because I really don't know how to not lose money. It's lucky you ask questions and people give great answers. I solved it, how about you?

@Lion_98 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$ !

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount: $ ! + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if still not fix it follow this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

Lion_98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same situation as you and I don't know how to solve it, it's been driving me crazy for a whole week and I have to go to Goodgame Empire to relieve it because I really don't know how to not lose money. It's lucky you ask questions and people give great answers. I solved it, how about you?

@dentonb 

By removing autopay you will lose your $2 reward. If you cannot put your card on hold causing autopay to fail the better solution would be to keep autopay enabled and just before midnight eastern of your renewal suspend your account via lost/stolen.

This will prevent autopay from charging your card but keep your voicemail intact allowing you to retrieve messages for the time you are suspended until you can pay for your plan. Just call your number from another phone. When it connects press * and enter your 4 voicemail pin #. Using this method does cause your rewards to not be automatically apply....so after paying and reactivating you will have to contact the moderators to apply your rewards manually.

If not having voicemail for the day or two while you are suspended does not concern you then you could instead wait until after midnight eastern and check your account for your rewards to apply usually within 15 minutes or so....then suspend your account via lost/stolen before 2am eastern when autopay usually kicks in. Just remember in both instances to unsuspend your account via lost/stolen first before making a payment to reactivate your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once your payment is made , your service working Immediately

dentonb

Once payment is made , how soon after is service restored ? Immediately? 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dentonb wrote:

I needed to delay payment by one day so i removed auto pay , sometimes public takes the money out of account on different dates . My question is once you remove auto pay is it removed immediately? And my due date is the 8th of june but i wont have the money til the 9th i did this to avoid nsf charges …. I wish there was a way to just notify public mobile to ask not to take the payment out til the next day … or is there a way ? Ughh

@dentonb you also have the option to disable autopay by calling 611, as well as on your Self Serve account.

Yes, once you remove it, your credit card will not get charged.

Your plan will not renew, UNLESS your Available Funds balance has the plan amount $'s in it.

After your goes goes into suspended status, and when you are ready to make a payment and continue services, just make top up payment on your account for the amount of your plan, and Resume/Reactivate your service. Reboot your phone after this.

FYI, you can have your phone in suspended status for 90 days without losing your account or phone number.

dentonb

Good point about adding money to the account 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dunkman has made a good suggestion of removing Autopay for a day to suspend service for a day.  As mentioned, the payments will come from your card every 30 days... you can see exactly what day by logging into My Account.

If it helps, you can fill your account up with extra $$$ at your convenience (from vouchers, one-time top-ups, etc) and Public Mobile will withdraw from your account balance before going to your Autopay credit card.  🙂

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dentonb 

Public mobile payment system is every 30 days.  Not monthly.  So the actual date will change every month.  You can remove your autopay immediately and your account will be suspended for one day.  You will not be able to use services for that day.  

Need Help? Let's chat.