cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Phone Trasnfer Issue

badsla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having SO many issues transferring a number from Rogers landline number.

I can't even log in to public mobile since it asks me 6 digits code from PM to log in but I can't receivev ANY since the transfer is not done. So I'm writing this from my old Pulbic mobile account. 

I got a call from telus(public mobile) saying everything is okay and that It will be transferred within 2 business days, and it's already been way over that.  I got an email from Public Mobile about the steps for transferring. Put old carrier's Sim Card and get a TEXT from the old carrier to get authenticated, however, It's a Landline number and I do not have a old sim card to put, I only have PM sim card. 

Your Guide on PM website

Is basically helpless with Landline phone number transfer. 

It's been over a week since I requested a transfer and I can only call with PM Sim card in it and can't receive any.

2 REPLIES 2

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @badsla 

it takes longer to port a land line, usual time is 3 to 7 days.  The delay is more on the landline side that they have not release the line to PM

But you can check with  PM porting support team.   I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

it is normal that porting from landline or VoIP line take as many as 7 days.  How many days it has been?

Need Help? Let's chat.