cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Phone Number Transfer

Tim88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Iam trying to move my home phones landline number to a public mobile sim in a cellphone. When I try to sign in with the account it says it's sending a confirmation pin to the number which is still a landline. How do I get the pin to sign in to public mobile sim if it sends it too a landline?

5 REPLIES 5

Tim88

I clicked resend code and it gave the option to get a voice call. It came in immediately and I was able too sign in with the account.

you should be good then. I will send you a number to PM porting assistant team to your community inbix (sorry , can't post the number here). Call them and they will tell you the status 

Tim88

I have talked with the current service provider and they say that they are not responsible if the number isn't transferring and it's up too public mobile to begin that process. Bill is paid and up to date. I've researched and the number can be transferred. I know others that have done so turning the landline number into a cell phone so I know it's possible. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you are porting land line, it will not hurt to talk to land line company and notify them of your intention. You cannot receive 2FA on land line so that company better know that PM is taking over.

NOW, trick question: are you sure you will be able to receive 2FA from anybody (bank, government, etc.) on your mobile as your number will be recognized as 'land line'???? Did you research ability to receive 2FA on mobile having 'land line' number?

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

so, you already put int he request for the porting? it's normal for porting from landline to take 3 to 5 days.  And during this time, it is normal that you won't get the 2fa text.  You can try click Resend code and if email is an option, you can use that, if not, it is better to wait till porting is done to login My Account

but if you really need to login, then you need to ask PM to help.  Message them:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.