cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo's offer

AgentRoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I received an offer FROM PM to switch to Koodo. The offer is interesting, though, my contract ends on june 29 and the offer ends on may 31. Will i get a refund as PM encourage me to go with Koodo?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@stonechucker wrote:

@AgentRoy, curious what your current plan is.. do not think I’ve seen an offer for ages now.

A new "batch" of offers were rolled out yesterday to customers on certain plans.  Not sure of the exact plans that received the offer though.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@AgentRoy, curious what your current plan is.. do not think I’ve seen an offer for ages now.

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As mentioned above check the conditions of your offer.  If it includes a Koodo credit to cover costs & lost pre-paid plans then you'll have to decide if it's enough for you to consider the move.  It is very unlikely you'd get any refund for unused time at PM as it's a pre-paid service. 

I moved one of our 2 accounts from PM to Koodo during the last offer.  I did wait until near the end of the offer in order to maximize using the PM i had pre-paid for plus there was a $100 credit for moving which covered lost time & any costs at Koodo (can't recall if I had to pay for the SIM).

You might also want to look at the plan costs and whether they meet your needs.

There's no point in paying extra if you're not gonna use it.

PM: lots of fairly inexpensive plans, pre-paid so use it up & it stops -no surprises, USA add-ons are cheaper than Koodo.

Koodo: the transfer plans have been quite good offers, discounts on phones, great customer service. The USA roaming is a per day charge but the advantage is that there's no charge until you use it (so there if you need it).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The reason for getting $100 bill credit to migrate is to offset stranded service with Public Mobile.  Trust me, I have been there done that.  If you ask about getting a refund for unused days of service or funds left in the account, you will be referred to the term of service. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@AgentRoy With PM, you are not in a contract. You are free to leave whenever you want. If the plan is better and you think its worth it for losing what you already paid vs the $100 credit, go for it. 

Korade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi AgentRoy,

Get in touch with Koodo! The customer service is awesome, and they may be able to help offset that credit. Otherwise, unless explicitly stated in the offer, there likely isn't any additional credit for switching over.

Korade

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AgentRoy, it all depends on the offer.  A while back, there was on offer that included $100 (I think that was the amount) as compensation for any funds or outstanding services with Public Mobile. 

Need Help? Let's chat.