cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo representatives apparently following up on the offer text

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ok, I got a "follow up" call from a person called Amanda who wanted to know if I want to switch to the Koodo offer I got via text.

Koodo must be really desperate.

I will stay with PM until the very end. Even if the end is near....

46 REPLIES 46

GibsonSGJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So far I've been texted two offers. $45 for 2GB and more recently, $45 for 4GB. I'm paying $40 per month for 2GB currently (6 GB 90 day $135 plan plus loyalty and referrals) and I always have data left over.

I really like the PM model, so I'm certainly staying put for the meantime. If Koodo offered 4GB for $40 I'd probably migrate, but I don't see that happening as in in the Atlantic Canada pricing area and plans a more expensive here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28wrote:

Koodo MUST Stop this Text Migration Nonsense.

They're making a Mockery out of it, as well as insulting the Consumer's Intelligence to the fact

@makkahn28 how is it insulting to offer up more options to their customers?  If you don't like it, ignore it, or unsubscribe to the offers (instructions to do so come with every such offer).  I don't get why this is a mockery.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Koodo MUST Stop this Text Migration Nonsense.

They're making a Mockery out of it, as well as insulting the Consumer's Intelligence to the fact

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MEU_21  great analysis.  

I agree & tend to lean towards option 1 as being a big driver.

Plus in addition to revenue (ARPU) a big driver for the cell co's seems to be postpaid subscriber growth.  They always quote that too. WHle the 2 plans cost about the same - i guess there is more chance for add-ons/ revenue at Koodo postpaid than us at PM pre-paid especially for those with big rewards. 

This just made me wonder if the push/ incentive might be better closer to the end of a quarter - to push subscribers higher   

And just when I was leaning to moving my plan tonight (my plan expires tomorrow -  i think - but definitely keeping wife here at PM - kind of best of both worlds. ANd can get a  referral if i do come back :). 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MEU_21 yep.  pretty clear for sure.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The big push is VERY easy to explain.

1. Pre-paid to post-paid with permanent minimum ARPU stabilized to $40. (Which is still lower than the $67.27 they would probably like) 

https://www.telus.com/en/about/news-and-events/media-releases/telus-reports-strong-results-for-fourt...

2. Your bill at Koodo will no longer get rewards from Autopay, Loyalty, & Community.

3. Those that have moved, no longer cost rewards. So for every 500 moved (with 1 year loyalty, an average of 2 referals, autopay, and 2 community points), it saves Telus (500x(1+2+2+2)=$3,500/m). Or about $42,000/year. These saving go up by $6,000 every year for loyalty. These also won't skew the ARPU anymore.

4. Providing an extra GB  costs Telus an extra ~$0.10/month at Koodo, if not less, (the average revenue per GB for telecom is ~$20+). See Table 5.5.7 

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/publications/reports/policymonitoring/2017/cmr5.htm

5. Easier to tack on extra fees and rates at Koodo. They will also be able to better market their devices and increase profits (after geting discounts on larger bulk purchases)

6. It may allow PM to make changes with less resistance for the next push for increase for those on the 12GB/$120 promo. I don't know how many left for Koodo, so if my voice is echoing here, I might just run the other direction... or they may just leave me alone. 🙂

7. The Koodo guys are probably on commission to get us over there.

just some of the points...etc.

I fixed the math

guinness22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great news Mods seem ok. And PM secure .  great 

Acekiller

interesting to know y the big push

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ute1978, you are not the first to report these cold calls and you are probably not going to be the last.  I think these Koodo agents get a bonus for signing up each migration.  So, they are just looking for some extra income.  These cold calls are a bit annoying, but sometimes it is hard to totally fault these people for trying make a living. 

Decide for yourself what is the best move.  Stay loyal to your wallet in the process. 

koimr1

@NDesaiwrote:

Thank you for making it clear for us because no one else is.

Do you happen to know if they will get rid of LTE plans? Robot Indifferent

Yes, this please. If we're going to have our current plans changed then that's the more important question rather than whether or not PM is going to stay around.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hmmm good question @NDesai, I really don't know - but I can't think of any reason why they would! 😉

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I also got a voicemail from Koodo rep. The rep was saying they have an offer for me of 5GB/$40 and if I want to take advantage of it to contact them.

Unlike earlier calls there was no misinformation about PM prices going up etc.

The rep was nice and relayed the information.

ute1978

@Mary_Mwrote:

Once again, I want to assure you that we're not closing and the end for PM is nowhere near 🙂

I know @Mary_M That's why I said I will stay... despite all the talk going on lately.

@Mary_Mwrote:

Hey @ute1978,

thanks for taking the time to share this occurrence!

Once again, I want to assure you that we're not closing and the end for PM is nowhere near 🙂 I'll also inquire about these phone calls - it's possible that they just want to be sure whoever wants the offer, gets it!

Cheers,

Mary

Thank you for making it clear for us because no one else is.

Do you happen to know if they will get rid of LTE plans? Robot Indifferent

closng

@ute1978wrote:

Ok, I got a "follow up" call from a person called Amanda who wanted to know if I want to switch to the Koodo offer I got via text.

Koodo must be really desperate.

I will stay with PM until the very end. Even if the end is near....

I'll be here as well for the time being 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ute1978,

thanks for taking the time to share this occurrence!

Once again, I want to assure you that we're not closing and the end for PM is nowhere near 🙂 I'll also inquire about these phone calls - it's possible that they just want to be sure whoever wants the offer, gets it!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.