cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo credit retrieval help (mod please)

wrxpat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi

I switched to public mobile in november, however i had already paid koodo for november. They credited me back the difference however it shows up as an account credit instead of refunding my credit card. When i contact them they say the account is inactive and i must contact public mobile to sort this out. Help please @Mary_M
13 REPLIES 13

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Glad you got everything sorted out

Hate it when providers push the blame to the others

@kat101 based on that response I am guessing one of Bell's 5000 that got shipped off to Manilla Cat Wink

I've "been inside" nearly every carrier at one point and although some were more restrictive than others the information is all there

The physical bill only goes back so far so yes would need to request that if needed that is true

Perhaps people that focused solely on billing had different views (I know one of the greatest discoveries was how to load/view the "secret accounts" so maybe there were other restrictions based on job codes?)

kat101
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Based on working for one particular company's call center a couple of years ago before they moved it over seas. As a billing rep, we had to request back office to "allow" us access to a customer's account that was closed more then 2 years prior.  I'm fully aware that companies have access for much longer, mainly for auditing purposes, but it's not always readily available to the call center rep. At least that was the case for that company. 

@kat101 where did you get this idea? System goes WAY back, to the NM1 conversion. You can access accounts closed 10 years ago, even see old credit cards & personal info like SIN / DOB

@kat101 wrote:

Also usually they are in the computer system for 1-2 years before being back filed. So just because your acct is closed doesnt mean they can't go get the records. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for confirming @wrxpat 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wrxpat wrote:
Thanks for all the replies.

I called back koodo and after several transfers i got my credit refunded.

The first customer service rep was effectively clueless.

More likely they were just giving you the runaround.  Carriers have a tendency to do whatever they can to avoid giving rebates to customers, if they can avoid it.  CSRs will make up all kinds of stuff.

wrxpat
Thanks for all the replies.

I called back koodo and after several transfers i got my credit refunded.

The first customer service rep was effectively clueless.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @wrxpat

Thank you for reaching out to us!

We actually don't have access to your Koodo account and Koodo does not have access to your PM account. Since we are 2 different brands, you will need to speak to Koodo regarding your balance with them - there is just no way for us to look into your previous account. 

I apologize for the inconvenience,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Depending on the company, it could take upto 8 weeks from "Final Billing" or last bill to get a refund issued.  Keep on top of Koodo.

I had no balance when I left WIND, however they had already genereated my next bill at that time, so I got a bill that listed the credit balance in about 3 weeks, then 4 weeks later a cheque to payout the credit.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, this sounds very strange.  I'm not sure why PM would have control of your Koodo account. 

kat101
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think your being snowed by Koodo. Not the first time I have heard of this, had this issue when trying to leave rogers many years ago. Legally speaking companies can't share user information without your premission even if they are owned by the same parent company. and rarely do companies pass money between each other.  

Also usually they are in the computer system for 1-2 years before being back filed. So just because your acct is closed doesnt mean they can't go get the records. 

Another thought too, is check koodo's service agreement. I know when I left freedom mobile last night I was reminded that "pay before accts" are not offered refunds for credits on file. Not sure how Koodo works, but its possible the customer service person just didn't want to have that discussion so s/he passed it on to someone else.

I've spent more time then I want to admit learning call centers ways of working. Spent some time in one myself. I would call them back simply say you would like to clearify some details on your acct and you can wait till they pull up your account. After they have confirmed they can see your acct and gone through the verification process, dont mention anything about leaving the company, just go straight into asking why you have not been issued a refund to your credit card for the November services. If your told it was credited back, which is what you are seeing, mention the account was closed at such and such date. At this point if its still an issue ask to speak with a supervisor. Use the word "supervisor" or you will be passed around the call center to different agents who really can't help you. 

wrxpat
Exactly. But customer rep said they dont have access to my account anymore and public mobile does...sounds strange but waiting on PM to reply...

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is strange ... you have moved to PM from Koodo, 

Koodo should give you credit back in your credit card ...PM has nohting to do I gues, 

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.