cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo billing

mchand21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m new to Public Mobile and received my first bill but the charge says Koodo as the company, is this right? Is PM considered Koodo?

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @albertb   it is "kind of normal" as it is happening and it is a confirmed valid transaction.  

But it is not normal as PM should not be using Koodo system to charge, although they both owned by Telus.

I believe usually the Koodo charge  will only show up once for activation charge, you should see Public Mobile for monthly charges.    Good News is that PM is looking into it and hope it won't happen soon

albertb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just joined Public Mobile and I saw the same thing on my Credit card.  From the posts I think it is normal

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mchand21 

PM (low tier) and Koodo (mid tier) are owned by Telus (top tier).

This seems to be a glitch in the billing system…I wouldn’t worry about it. It might fix itself.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It's not "right" @mchand21 

But folks do find the first charge to show on their credit card as KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV.

Here's a link from PM staff which discusses this:

[System Fix - Ongoing] Activation & Statement Ind... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mchand21 : I would not be so nonchalant about it. Telus also owns Koodo and Public Mobile. Koodo and Public Mobile share much of the systems in the background. This billing thing started in December. We have a number of people rightfully charging back this unknown charge only to have their services cut off and a whole lotta hassle to get it back from no fault of their own.

Good of you to ask. Yes, it's fine. It shouldn't be done though.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mchand21 , this happens sometime.  I would not worry about it so long as the charges are correct and your account renews properly.  

Need Help? Let's chat.