cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my number

AlyssaBrown
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My husband and I will be leaving the country for 6 months this winter. Is there a way to keep our phone numbers for when we return to Canada?

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@AlyssaBrown 

Only option to keep your number is to keep up with your monthly payment.

Best to switch to the lowest price $15 plan and go on AutoPay so you can enjoy your holiday and not worry about losing your number.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You can suspend your account for a maximum of 90 days without losing your number. After 90 days, your number will be gone and your account will be permanently closed.

- Downgrade your Plan to cheapest $15 Plan.

- Make sure your account has no more funds in the Available Funds

- Disable Autopay. Your account will be suspended on next renewal due to no pay.

- Log in around 88th day and pay for the next 30 days. Remember to log in as after 90 days of no pay account will be deleted.

You can also click Lost/Stolen button to suspend the account right away and the 90 days counter will also start immediately.

If you plan to be absent longer than 90 days then do not remove credit card from the file, log in around 85-88th day and renew your service manually for following month. Then again you have a window of 90 days. Good idea is to lower your Plan to $15 Plan. Be aware your loyalty rewards counter will be delayed if you suspend service for more than 60 days.

Another option is to lower plan to $15 and keep autopay. Account will be renewed every 30 days (unless autopay fails).

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Just before leaving Canada, lower your PM plans to the lowest plan ($15 / 30 days)...then every 85 days, log in and pay another $15 to keep plans active.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@AlyssaBrown hi after 90 days suspended your account will close permanently so go to the cheapest plan and make a payment before the 90th day of suspension do that twice and you should be alright 

Need Help? Let's chat.