cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Phone Number and Plan after being out of Country

Racheal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Customer Support!

I have been a customer of Public Mobile for around 5+ years now and hope to continue its services! I love the constant promotions and plans available for customers. I am currently on a plan from a promotion that no longer exists. I will be out of the country for the next 4 months and was wondering if I could keep my phone number and plan until I get back without using public mobile services for the next 4 months, but resuming after that. 

Thanks!

Racheal

7 REPLIES 7

That depends. Is it down in its own little promo box area? Or is it any one of the freebies we've received over the years? If the latter then you'll keep those. If the former then there's a chance you might lose that.

@Racheal wrote:

Hi!

Thank you for the prompt response 🙂 Do I get to keep the current promotion I have on my account after the grace period?

Thanks!

HI @Racheal 

yes, just don't change plan and make sure you come back  before 90th day and confirm account paid and resumed. 

@Racheal 

@dust2dust wrote:

This place has a grace holding period of 90 days. Your last paid 30 days ends. You have 90 days to pay again. Then pay again just before that. Now you have another 30 days.
Basically paying every 4 months.
You keep everything as it was. Don't go over the 90 days.

Adding - yes of course that's pay every 6 months if on a 90 day plan. Same 90 day grace holding period.

If you use this method, remember to disable Autopay (Unsubscribe) before you go away....otherwise payment will continue as per usual.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Racheal 

Since you have an old plan, you likely dont' want to change anything, so you have two choices.  You can just keep Autopay enabled and just login My Account once a month and confirm renewals go fine (and yes, that is important, don't ignore it, Autopay might fail)

or you can suspend the account before you leave , and then come back no later than 90 days (preferably earlier, like even 80th days) and make a manual payment to resume service. But make sure you see the account  resume and showing the new cycle or you risk losing your account and phone number once suspended over 90 days.   

Racheal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

Thank you for the prompt response 🙂 Do I get to keep the current promotion I have on my account after the grace period?

Thanks!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This place has a grace holding period of 90 days. Your last paid 30 days ends. You have 90 days to pay again. Then pay again just before that. Now you have another 30 days.
Basically paying every 4 months.
You keep everything as it was. Don't go over the 90 days.

Adding - yes of course that's pay every 6 months if on a 90 day plan. Same 90 day grace holding period.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Racheal 

if you really want to keep everything as it is...you'll just need to have a valid credit card set to Autopay and your plan will renew, as usual, while you're away.  Alternative is to drop to a cheapest plan $15 and use Autopay, then when you get back...select one of the fine plans currently available.

Need Help? Let's chat.