cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting texts from public mobile

Soomi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been visiting the US since 5 days ago. Since then I've got about 40 msgs from public mobile with the following: Sorry, your plan does not include sending texts while in the US. Incoming texts are included. To add a US Roaming Add-On, visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca

How to stop? 

4 REPLIES 4

@Soomi wrote:

I've been visiting the US since 5 days ago. Since then I've got about 40 msgs from public mobile with the following: Sorry, your plan does not include sending texts while in the US. Incoming texts are included. To add a US Roaming Add-On, visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca

How to stop? 

I would just block the sender for now. These messages are probably legitimate, but unfortunately, I believe that Public Mobile sends this to the customers each and every time that you phone tries to send an outgoing text messages while you are in the U.S. and you don't have a roaming add-on. Also, many phones will keep retrying multiple times until the outgoing message does go through. 

Soomi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They are from 59389.. on my texts it says it's coming from 611. Didn't get charged for them, just annoying to continue to get texts 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Soomi Which number are you getting all those texts from? Login to your self-serve account if you can and go to Usage History page. See which number your phone is trying to send those texts to. Some Google and Apple services sends texts in the background. Since you do not have outgoing text add-ons, texts are failing to send. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Soomi I have to hand it to you, you managed to get spammed by public mobile. Try restarting your phone? 

@Soomi wrote:

How to stop? 

Need Help? Let's chat.