cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KUDOs!!!

LenK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

KUDOs!!!

This new $10 plan is the "cat's meow" for me. I just registered with PM 2 days ago, and I have to say (well, I really don't have to, but I will anyway) that I think everything about PM is just great!

I have had a cell phone for less than 2 years. I don't use it very much, at least not for cellular calls and messaging. I just switched from a Wifi calling app which I was using to try to save money, but it wasn't working very well. So I started looking for an alternative. There were not many options available for an old fart like me on limited income. (You probably guessed the old fart part when I used "cats meow"). 50 minutes is not very much, but the option to purchase more at a reasonable cost, especially with rollover, takes care of that.

Public mobile is light years ahead of everybody else. They have done a great job, not only with their plans and rewards. Their website is comprehensive and easy to use. I really appreciate the fact that everything can be done online. That includes getting help. I have not used the community blog a lot, but I am equally impressed with what I have seen. Setup and activation went very smoothly. I really appreciated the link to APN configuration, which included my Blu Vivo XL.

My wife is currently with Fido, and Rogers before that (same s***, different name), and Bell before that (terrible company). I will try to convince her to switch to PM. The only concern that she has is coverage. I do not expect that to be a problem. I have already informed some family and friends about the results of my provider searches. I will be the "beta tester" for them. If all goes well, I suspect that some will make the switch too.

Maybe if I accumulate enough rewards, PM will pay me?Smiley Happy

PS. Since PM doesn't sell phones, check out Blu on amazon.ca if you are looking for one.

PPS. Now if PM would do something about current complaints about the costs of data in Canada, eh?

2 REPLIES 2

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@LenK I moved your post to a different topics as it seems like a review. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@LenK wrote:

Public mobile is light years ahead of everybody else.

I actually think PM is sort of the opposite, almost "behind" everybody else.  Insofar as offering straightforward options at fixed prices, no hocus-pocus fast-talking sales reps or contracts full of hidden charges and treacherous fine print ... y'know, the way good business worked in past decades instead of the way business works at selling itself as good-looking today.

That being said, PM's service and support model is indeed truly excellent for some people, including me and apparently including you.  But it's not well-suited for everyone.

As far as "coverage" goes ... PM is a Telus brand, it runs on the Telus network.  Which proudly advertises itself as the fastest and largest network in Canada (which it's not, strictly speaking, except that Telus and Bell have reciprocal sharing agreements so in effect their customers enjoy combined coverage from both).  There may be specific instances where the Rogers and Shaw networks provide better or faster coverage than Telus/Bell in specific localized regions (and "zones"), but I doubt many of these areas still exist.

You can see all the cellular base stations on several online tower maps.

Need Help? Let's chat.