cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUST GOT A TEXT FROM PM NOW MY NEW NUMBER IS CANCELLED!!! -- HELP

akagw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Mary_M or anybody. I just got a text from PM saying my 'We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile and to use Contact Us'

I also just sent a contact us email as was referenced in the text I just received from PM. 

I attempted to port last week and it didn't work. I had a half port situation. I attempted to contact PM and had no response so I ended up choosing a new number.

That new number was was working until today when I got a text saying there was issues and to contact PM. Now my old number that I initially tried to port is once again tied to my PM SIM card!!@!!!!!!

I cancelled my service today at my previous provider when everything seemed to be working!!!!

HELP this has been a travesty.

8 REPLIES 8

@akagw wrote:

Hahahah. Bleep bloop. Not a bot. Just have the option to see if I am online turned off. 

I did not know that; or perhaps I learned it so long it's been "overwritten". 💤

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

akagw

Hahahah. Bleep bloop. Not a bot. Just have the option to see if I am online turned off. 

You must be down east if you are still smiling! 

You could have new active phone number in 30 minutes with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or cellular data. 

PLUS, bonus for you: when you finally get PM operational you can tell your friends yet another number!! Robot LOL

You could even persist until you have the promo plan running BUT never use the PM number just keep using Fongo. Though you do lose the facility to receive picture messages. Some PM customers do that already; or with Hangouts.

BTW: it's also strange that clicking your name does not show whether you are on line or off?? Are you a bot?

akagw

@Luddite Thanks for the offer. I am in Halifax though. 

It's definitely a unique situation. I thought I was over the hump by taking matters into my own hands after my initial failed port. Turned out that wasn't the case. 

The crappy thing is PM responded to me at 4:45 today about one of my initial threads/private messages to them about the failed port. When I set up my new number after giving up waiting for the old number to port, I went in and deleted all my PM's to the mods thinking that would take them out of their queue. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. They responded today and attempted to port anyway even though I had a newly activated number. 

Back in the queue I go. Not sure if I will have another new number or not after all of this. I attempted to set up another new one through self serve but because I already changed once this billing cycle it refused me this time. 

My friends and colleagues will think I am crazy if I get another new number. LOL

This sucks. 

daidogroup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been waiting since Friday night along with pretty much everyone else here.  Sit tight 😞

@akagw That's a new one; unlucky you. Robot Sad

If you live near Misiissauga I have a spare SIM; I doubt you can activate your old one but you could give it a try.

akagw

Hi thanks for your reply but I was ok not keeping that number. That's why I chose a new number through Self Serve on the weekend. It went through and I was able to use everything for the past two days. Now I have nothing. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Follow the directions here: Contact moderators

Call the old carrier back asap and see if they will reinstate your account. You are in danger of losing that number. 

For others: NEVER cancel your old account; that will happen automatically once the port-in is complete.

If you cannot recover your old account, you could make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Need Help? Let's chat.