cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with voicemail

MayMike71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I'm trying to setup my voicemail phone number so when I long press 1 that it will dial my voicemail but I've tried adding numbers in my settings but keeps saying failed I've reset my device and network connections and still nothing can someone help with this issue 

4 REPLIES 4

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@MayMike71 wrote:

Hello I'm trying to setup my voicemail phone number so when I long press 1 that it will dial my voicemail but I've tried adding numbers in my settings but keeps saying failed I've reset my device and network connections and still nothing can someone help with this issue 

Here is a list of currently known voicemail access/deposit numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Query wich one is currently automatically provisioned by dialing one of *#61# *#62# or *#67#

Then see if you can set that number in your phone. In android 8, I see it under Settings>Voicemail>Advanced Settings>Setup>Voicemail number (which on mine shows a number, but it's greyed out and cannot be changed.

on iPhone:

To check your retrieval number

1. Open your phone’s dialer
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input  *#5005*86#
  4. Press call to show the status.

Program a new retrieval number

1. Click the Phone icon.
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input *5005*86*xxxyyyzzz# (Substitute xxxyyyzzz for the number found by dialling *#61# *#62# or *#67#)
  4. Press call to program the number.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MayMike71 wrote:

@MayMike71  If long pressing 1 does not work try calling your own 10-digit phone number will also bring you to your voicemail.

1. When prompted, enter a password between 4 to 15 digits long. Try to make it hard to guess, but easy to remember. It will be more secure if you avoid using numbers that are repetitive or sequential such as ‘1111’ or ‘1234’.
  2. Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
  3. Record your name, and a personalized greeting.
  4. When you’re done, hang up to end the call.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MayMike71 wrote:

Your phone dialer should have the option to enter a number. Try +17785804001. If that works then you could set it to +1 usually your area code 5804001.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@MayMike71 what's the make and model of your phone?  And have you tried manually selecting PM as your network and restarting your phone? 

@MayMike71 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.