cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the fall promo. (Got 6gb instead of 12gb)

retrophysim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First, I would like to thank you for reading my inquiry.

I've decided to switch to Public Mobile and I'm having great reception but need a revised on my plan.

I have signed up for the fall promotion before the deadline (Nov 19th) and I was told that I needed to contact someone in PM to have my data changed from 6GB to 12GB for the promo. (When I chose the 12GB on the activation page, it was charging me $180+ so I downgraded to 6GB($120) and was told to contact a moderator to have it changed to 12GB for the promo.)
I also don't have text messaging so I would also like to have that enabled. (Which includes on the promo)

I tride to use the self serve on My Account part of the website but it keeps giving me a Generic Error window.

I have contacted multiple moderators and emailed the support but yet to have any reply except a generic email stating someone will contact me in 48 hours but it has been 3 days since my first contact.

*I understand the Mods will be quite busy with all the new activation but I would just like a confirmation if the issue's been worked on.

Thank you and with all that said, I'm pleased that I have switched providers because so far, the connection speed and reception has been great.

13 REPLIES 13

retrophysim

Update on the issue.

The Mod from PM sent me a really nice email yesterday and solved my error.

Now I have everything I've signed up for.

Thank you all for your replies and those that still have problems, I'm sure a Mod will get to you soon.

Thanks again and if there is any thing I can help with, let me know!

Mana
Mayor / Maire
It's just a selection error. I know the mods are very busy now but I am sure that they will fix it for you.

suthan10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I believe that due to high volume of activation, they are getting through the backlog of emails...i just got response back for my query...

Hope this helps!

xckm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the same situation as you.. messaged the MODs and emailed them but no reply yet. and it's been afew days.. 

retrophysim

Yes I have. I have messaged 3 different mods but I have yet to get a reply 😞

P.S. Thank you for following up with my post. Great community here in PM 🙂

Just wondering if you tried to contact a mod on this situation

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Glad to help

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

retrophysim
Thank you @kav2001c for the heads up!

@ShawnC13 For sure. It'll be best if I wait until next week or so and follow up with mods. I'm sure it's crazy for them right now. Thanks again!

@retrophysim I am not sure hopefully but it will have to wait awhile as you have service currently and there are members who have no service at all and that is the priority for the mods.

retrophysim
Thank you very much for your commental Shawnc13.
Yes it was $186 so I believe it was my error in selecting the wrong options. Is it still possible for the the mods or PM to revise my plan to match the promo plan? Thanks again!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

The mods maybe able to help you but I think this is more of a user error then their system error if you  were not getting texting and not 12GB of data.  I think if you wre charged $180 + you may have had the wrong plan chosen.  Was it $186?

I think you chose 90 day, no texting and 12GB

186.PNGand the $120 plan was 90 Days Province wide calling Global Texting and 12GB

120.PNG

@retrophysim posting and tagging a mod is still the quickest solution, just they have a large backlog of issues after promotion. They will fix just might take a couple days.

retrophysim
P.S. I apologize for sounding like a needy person but I don't have ill intentions towards the PM. I was told that making a post on the community forum would be the fastest way to have this solved.
Thanks for reading and I hope everyone have a warm Tuesday. 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.