cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with area code 437

phy539
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A friend texted me with his new number beginning with the area code 437. I tried texting back but got an error message saying that no text messaging outside of Canada. Then I tried calling back and got told that I need a long distance plan.

This is just a relatively new area code for GTA. And I am supposed to able to text or call this number.

Can someone help fix this? Thanks a lot!

4 REPLIES 4

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @3dmund,

Have you contacted one of the mods via private message to get help?  

This is not a systemwide issue.  I call a few 437 numbers on a regular basis from Ontario and haven't had any issues.  

You will get proper response if you contact any one of the mods via private message.  Include your Public Mobile phone number in the message.  

If you are unsure, here is all you need to know about the mods:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

3dmund

Any updates on this issue?

3dmund

I'm still having this issue as well...my mom's number is a 437 number and I cannot call her on my new Public Mobile number.  It simply plays the automated message that states "We're sorry...you do not have a long distance plan...".  Is there a fix on the way?  It is quite frustrating.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @phy539

This is a possible quickfix until PM can get back to you with a solution:  Try entering the number as +1437... or 1437

Go ahead and give this a try.  Don't worry, there will be no long distance bills.. PM is prepaid anyways.

Need Help? Let's chat.