cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues when activating a SIM Card (2nd step, Phone Number)

gabrielprevost
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello PM Community !

I have some issues when I try to activate my SIM card. At the 2nd step (Phone Number) I receive an error when I try to transfer my phone number (with Videotron). When I'm entering alternate number I receive this message "Alternate Phone Number Regex".

I already try 3 browsers (IE, fireforx and Chrone) on 3 different computers each time I clear the browser history and the cookies.

Thanks for your help!
Gabriel
13 REPLIES 13

@sherrilee05

If you activated two SIM cards and want to combine them or something similar, you will definitely need to contact moderator with the appropriate description of your problem.  I would suggest that you remove your personal information from this public forum.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sherrilee05

iam having trouble using my sim card and new phine number i just activated it wont let me use it my number it gave me is xxx-xxx-xxxx. [Name deleted] please help i went and bought a new sim card to try transfer in case i mixed up the old sim i bought ith that i added 40 and activated it with the 40 dollor plan my new sim card is [SIM card # removed]. if you could transfer my number onto that thanks

Post edited to remove personal info. -SD08

@Inasen Just fyi: You have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum, or sending a private message directly to the moderators. Fortunately, they picked up your post today. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Inasen

The dropdown menu is not working to select the Province

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Inasen,

I've just sent you a private message with assistance 🙂

Best,

Syed

Inasen

Hi ,

I'm trying to transfere my number and i cant seem to do it 2nd step is not taking the phone number

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @gabrielprevost!

I sent you a private message 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would go ahead and try it. If there are further problems, we'll deal with it as necessary. If you do encounter that problem, take a screencapture of it and post it here so we can see if there's something we can do.  (Be sure to obscure any personal info from the screenshot before you post it.)

gabrielprevost

I will try this. 

But... what I do if the drop-down list at the question "Select your local calling area" is empty.

Thanks 

SD08

Try the activation without porting your number.  After the activation is complete, you can always port later as both Raven_Jet and I have mentioned.  Public Mobile has actually recommended to do it this way to avoid activation errors.

gabrielprevost

Thanks for your answer and sorry for not being clear enough.

I have some issues in the process of activating my PM SIM card I receive from them. I got stuck in the 2nd step of the activating process. 

When I try to transfer my old phone number I receive the regex message and when I select to create a new number the drop-down list to select an area code is emply.

Hope my issue is more understandable now 🙂

Gabriel 

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
In my experience, it is best to activate the SIM card with a new number first. Complete the entire activation and plan. Make sure it is active by testing the SIM card in your phone, test out data, calling and texting.

Then sign into your self serve account and port over your number. Remember to check off you have authority to port first. Also, put in the account number carefully of the number you want to port over. Fill in everything carefully with no errors.

SD08

When you are activating, it is advisable to activate the SIM first (PM will give you a temporary phone number).  Then, after you've made sure that your service is working (both incoming and outgoing talk/text/data), go to your PM self-serve account to port your old number in.

Alternate phone number is simply another number that PM can use to contact you if there are any problems with the activation. You don't need to enter anything here, because it is an old feature left over from when PM used to have live customer support by phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.