cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues porting my phone from Fido to PM

Rich17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for a plan with PM. I completed the payment, selecting eSim and checking compatibility and downloaded the app on my phone. However in the activation process, the app says Phone is not eSIM compatible  (it's an iPhone 12 mini which does accept eSIM).

When I login to my PM account on my desktop, the only option I have is to "Resume Activation" which takes me to the payment screen. According to my credit card, I've already paid this. There seems to be no other way past this on desktop.

Any ideas for ways forward? Do I need to pickup a physical SIM and try that? I want to retain my existing Fido number.

3 REPLIES 3

Rich17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No welcome email or QR code. Not even a receipt of payment from PM. I should mention that I get confirmation code emails from PM for sign in, so I know the email address they have is correct.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you get a welcome email? Did it include a qr code? Yes, use the app and open the email on another machine and scan the qr to add it to the phone. Then set the esim to be the active sim.

@Rich17 wrote:

I signed up for a plan with PM. I completed the payment, selecting eSim and checking compatibility and downloaded the app on my phone. However in the activation process, the app says Phone is not eSIM compatible  (it's an iPhone 12 mini which does accept eSIM).

When I login to my PM account on my desktop, the only option I have is to "Resume Activation" which takes me to the payment screen. According to my credit card, I've already paid this. There seems to be no other way past this on desktop.

Any ideas for ways forward? Do I need to pickup a physical SIM and try that? I want to retain my existing Fido number.

The mobile app must be used to complete the activation, but since the eSIM isn't going to work you'll need to contact a customer support agent.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.