cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isn't enough money in your account to renew?

daveccrit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Received text message:
'Public Mobile here. Your payment is due tomorrow & there isn't enough money in your account to renew your plan. For more info visit publicmobile.ca/selfserve'

My question is, if I have activated auto-pay, why am I even receiving this message at all?

This message came on my dad's phone and he is not technology savy, he also has brain damage so this message freaked him out because he thought his account was going to get canceled since it wasn't getting paid. I don't need phone calls like that. I would like to know my auto-pay is working properly so I'm not wasting my time figuring out why he's getting text messages about his bills not getting paid or him not having enough money in his account, when it's AUTO-PAY!

9 REPLIES 9

daveccrit

Apparently auto pay didn't work and had to manually pay for my moms account... This is very confusing. Her account was suspended until it was manually paid... My other account did not get the renewal credit either

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@daveccrit

If today is the renewal date and you have auto-pay active and/or enough funds available along with active service, then ignore the suspended status as the account goes through a metamorphosis at renewal and will show "active" again tomorrow - this is normal.

daveccrit

Just an update... I manually made a payment earlier today and now have this on the account:

"Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service."

With a button that says "Reactivate Current Plan".

So now, even with auto pay AND having made a manual payment so the plan does not get suspended or deactivated, it's suspended.

I’ve seen a message very similar to what you describe, but looking back, my last renewal said the following

[9/10/17 12:03] 611: Public Mobile here. Just a heads up, your payment is due on Sep 13. If you're on AutoPay or have already paid, please ignore this message.

This was sent 3 days earlier than the last day to top up.  Followinging the payment, I got another sms saying thanks.

I get that message plus a phrase something like "If you have autopay enabled there is no problem.".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@CalvinW wrote:

I've never gotten such a message when my autopay works properly. 

Same here.  When payment is applied and account successfully renewed, I get a thank you text noting that account has been renewed.

CalvinW

I've never gotten such a message when my autopay works properly. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If auto pay has been set up and was working before, there is no reason why it won't work again.  Only take action if the service actually stops working.

Acekiller

Good idea, but it is one of those good points that have been pointed out but waiting to be actioned on.

Need Help? Let's chat.