cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a solution for dropped calls ?

dxfinlayson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi get frequent dropped calls and am almost out of patience. 

I am using an iphone XR ios 17.5.1 . 

I have rebooted. There are no options for changing to 3G in settings. 

Is there a solution for this ?

8 REPLIES 8

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dxfinlayson @magical1 @jor123 @lindamac43 @Phil_Adelphus 

One suggestion is to switch your preferred network from 5G to LTE or even to 3G. Another suggestion is to turn off automatic network and manually select Public Mobile. However, YMMV. The other standard advice is to reset network, turn airplane on and off, reboot, etc.  These are all just things to try on your end and does nothing to solve problems on the network end. 

PM has finally published an acknowledgment admitting that they have a network issue. 

My suggestion is to file a ticket and demand a fix and ask for compensation. If they do not, you may file a CCTS complaint and ask them to see compensation on your behalf. This is more realistic than hiring a lawyer for a class action suit.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah, it's really getting old now. 

lindamac43

Adding this to the "knowledge base".
S21 Ultra.  Had the problem in winter/early spring.
Replaced the physical SIM on Apr 18th.
Problem went away....but is now back.  Just started dropping calls again.
Yes, I do a "reset network" and a reboot everytime it happens.
Spouse has Iphone SE (2).  
Never has an issue.
Good to see this on the news board today.

@dxfinlayson  If you'd like to ask customer support to look into it, submit a ticket at the chat icon bottom right but if that doesn't work, it can be uncooperative, send them a private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

You might first try putting airplane mode on, waiting a few minutes and then turning it off again to see if that fixes anything.

dxfinlayson

I don't have Voice & Data, or Cellular anymore ... today a call dropped and after 5 seconds, as I was redialling, the call started up again. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@dxfinlayson   PM is supposedly working on a fix.   My iPhone 13 has a 3G option under Voice and Data on 17.5.1 but seemingly they do vary.  A neighbour is also having frequent dropped calls but is not on a Telus company so makes you wonder what's going on.

magical1

The solution is on their end, not ours.  My PM is utterly useless where I live, thank god I don't use it for business communications but it drops faster than when Mike Tyson was in his prime.  

I think by not addressing it they're leaving themselves open to a class action lawsuit.  The voice service in my area, is not useable --- I'm really surprised they have let it go this long... 

Bill credits should apply for those affected.  I've now had 3 months of this garbage, and It is seriously making me want to switch to anything on the rogers network. 

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe this is a PM issue that many are experiencing, hoping they can fix this.

Need Help? Let's chat.