cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it common to get the v2 message when making a call?

GeorgeBest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A number of times lately I make a call and get the v2 message saying lines are currently busy and to try again lately. 

I haven't experienced this in the previous couple of months and was wondering if this is a "Public Mobile service" issue or just that phone lines in general are busy?

9 REPLIES 9

GeorgeBest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for that ... it had ben a rare case in the past but in the past week I have had it happen numerous times. Eventually I have been able to get through but not until several attempts.

Like everyone seems to be saying it's a "load" issue and maybe because these strange world events are putting pressure on the accessibility?

One day at a time ... 1st world problems 

V2 message didn’t make sense to me either. Haven’t had the problem yet but it seems like there is a message 6UV2 I have heard in the past.

I read earlier today that all of the big three providers are struggling a bit with calling and data volume which is up between 20% and 60% over normal levels. The implication was that connections between carriers was a bigger problem than routing traffic within any individual carrier.

AE_Collector

@helenhelen It's a message you get when the phone system is at max capacity and unable to make your call. Usually, if you hang up and try your call again, it works. Also, sometimes restartimg your phone helps too.

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

am new to Public Mobile. Can you tell me what this is? I haven't experienced it yet.

It's all over the map. For example, I couldn't call 1-855-4PUBLIC from SaskTel, but could from Fongo/TextNow.

I couldn't call some ontario Toll-Free numbers, but thier direct numbers would work.

You are most likely able to complete calls to others in the same carrier. ie Telus to Public Mobile, etc. It's when connecting between carriers you're going through congested trunks.

Calling through toll-free numbers is even more likely to fail because most of them are just call forwarding, and cross an inter-carrier trunk INTO the toll free number, and cross another inter-carrier trunk OUT to the final destination number....

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are all service provider's having issues with this because of the quarantine etc... or is it mainly just PM/Telus?

We're going to need a mod to merge all these threads about all circuits busy... Are we up to at least 3 or 4 now? Higher call volume due to remote workers, family calls during quarantine, health services, etc.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@GeorgeBest at the moment it seems to be a capacity problem across the board. Voip apps such as TextNow and Google hangouts and Google dialer combined over WiFi don't seem to have these problems.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Happened to me only once in last 18 months

I guess it's probably technical difficulties, those happen

Need Help? Let's chat.