cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is calling in the state covered by the can/us plan?

Terry168
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I am on the can/us plan. I will be going to the state in the summer. I want to know if I can make and receive call in the state with my plan? Do I have to use a volte capable phone?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@Terry168 

your Samie can make calls on 2G so when you're in US, as long as you're fairly close to a T-Mobile cell tower, you should be able to make / rec calls. I found that in larger cities, it's not too bad but quickly diminishes as you leave town and head to more rural area. As usual, your results may vary.

Terry168

Not on the list!

I guess I can continue to use data and use an IP phone app to do calling.

Thanks all for the help.

KZ1964
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here is the PM VoLTE list of phones.  If not on the list then will have to use TEXTNOW app  or something similar

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hey @Terry168 

Go to the phones settings, tap on Connections, then tap on Mobile networks and then toggle on VoLTE calls... that is turned on.... 

Many devices that actually do work with VoLTE at Public Mobile do not have any settings options to enable or disable VoLTE.  For such devices, it's always enabeld (pending connection to a compatible network).

Hey @Terry168 

Go to the phones settings, tap on Connections, then tap on Mobile networks and then toggle on VoLTE calls... that is turned on.... 

Terry168

Thanks for the quick reply.

My phone is a Samsung note 10. I checked the setting and didn't see a Volte option!!!

Stonechucker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The simple answer is yes if you have the Canada us plan you can call either country from the other country and within each come country. When you travel to the US you will need to ensure roaming is turned on, connect to AT&t or T-Mobile and ensure your data roaming is allowed.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Terry168 

Yes Yes and oh YES! You will be able to use this phone plan just like you were here in Canada. 

What phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.