cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone having problems with referral code?

lawalvin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I subscribed to the plan 2 weeks ago, I used my friend's referral code, but it seems like the code didn't apply automatically after my subscription has been activated (i.e. no $10 referral credit and point rewards). I was told by the support agent that it took 3 days for the referral bonus to appear in my profile, so I waited. After 2 weeks I realized it didn't show up in my account so I contacted the agent again, they were able to manually apply the discount, it almost happened right after I contacted the agent. 🍾🍾

I referred my family member to join Public Mobile and they did, the same issue happened to them, they had to contact live agent manually as well to get the referral bonus going.

I guess the key takeaway here is... CHECK YOUR PROFILE TO MAKE SURE REFERRAL DISCOUNT IS ACTIVATED. I am not trying to say Public Mobile is doing scammy business but perhaps the referral feature on the website is malfunctioning because the website is overcrowded or some code is missing in their program? Is anybody having the same issue? 

3 REPLIES 3

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@lawalvin When I signed up in October the 1$ was there within hours and the 10$ was there the next day.  But yes, we always have to verify and check that it's there and follow up.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@lawalvin 

Customers are responsible for entering the correct code.  Sometimes copying and pasting is a good idea, especially if your code involves with a zero or letter O.  

It is unlikely a website malfunction.  It has been reported for years.  Just need to be careful with entering the code. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @lawalvin 

usually the $10 will deposit into your account as a credit within 72 hours

Please login again and see if there is a $10 for Available funds on your My Account

If same,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.