cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is This Public Mobile Survey Legit...

steveinvictoria
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have received a couple of emails over the past month from Public, asking me to take a survey via cicic.net.  I decided to do it but got partway through and came upon a really badly written question:

Capture.JPG

Then it started asking for fairly personal info -- postal code, etc.

At that point I stopped, worrying that it might be phishing...

Is this from Public?

7 REPLIES 7

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There was a previous survey last year from cicic that was legit confirmed by the mods, so I don't see why this one wouldn't be. Seems like they periodically survey users via ciccic.

Previous discussion here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Email-Survey-anybody-else-get-one/m-p/564...

ronster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
The only email I got from Public was the SIM card order email at the beginning plus the emails from Community. Otherwise, I only got text message.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Mods might know or can ask the marketing department of pm is doing a survey.

If it is a fake they could send out a text or day something on the website.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As with all correspondence if this nature, inspect the incoming email address carefully.  Even then, it's never mandatory to complete the survey.  It's a waste of the moderator team's time to assess surveys for legitimacy.  How can ther tell unless they actually see the message.  

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 ya it is only bring up some people today???

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@steveinvictoria wrote:

Have received a couple of emails over the past month from Public, asking me to take a survey via cicic.net.  I decided to do it but got partway through and came upon a really badly written question:

Capture.JPG

Then it started asking for fairly personal info -- postal code, etc.

At that point I stopped, worrying that it might be phishing...

Is this from Public?

@I know there have been surveys sent out by PM.  hmmmmm tagging @CS_Agent isn't working?!?!?!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

We will have to see what the @Mod_Team says

Need Help? Let's chat.