cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PM just too good of a mobile plan provider?

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It seems to me that just perhaps the reason there so many complaints and disgruntled PM is because PM is just too good and offers us too many options. I for one was a bit disappointed with the fact that if I select a higher priced plan I would not have the option of downgrading.

It’s a bit like the saying ———- “ give a mouse some milk and then it will ask for a cookie’. ——-

Before I switched to PM I was with Bell Mobility for years. I had a plan that I paid each month and never gave it a second thought. Now with PM in addition to much lower pricing I have many self help options—-I can select plans, change my phone number, put my account on hold, purchase data and voice, auto pay or not, earn points, switch Sims, post and vent or ask for help on this community forum and more. So so many options that are not available with other providers .

Upon re-evaluation I am very glad that I made the switch to PM because after all a cell phone plan is just a phone plan like a land line that you get and forget.

3 REPLIES 3

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

if you monitor online forum or those communities by other carrier, you will see lots of complains too.  Honest, how often people put a compliment online like you did, usually people just go online and ask for help. PM community will be more beause there is no number to call, and people need to write here and ask for help

But yes, I think PM has good network (Telus), ok service, just need to reply quicker when people open ticket

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Wayworn, I personally am happy with PM but I can see how this self help (online only support) is not for everyone. I think for most people things should go smoothly but for some reason, could be the phone being used, could be the old company porting in from (and could be using IMEI number instead of account number 🙂 ) some people get tripped out and very annoyed when there isn't someone to speak to. I definitely wouldn't say PM is too good, in fact it could be better. If they could have a hybrid approach where if a customer really can't get things going an escalation process would see that an agent actually calls them

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Wayworn  And the icing on the cake is this super helpful community 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.