cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim

Julieb1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered the sim card and had it sent to my work so used my work email. When I tried to register the SIM card I used my personal email. At the end of the registration form I got an error that it did not work and to try again. When I try to start over I get an invalid sim error now. I think this is caused by using the 2 different email addresses but I don’t know how to reset and start over.  

3 REPLIES 3

@Julieb1 the email address for the sim card purchase has no relationship to the email for the set up of your phone account.  They are totally separate systems.

The email you use for the sim set up should be the same as the email you use in the Community, as these are also separate systems, but the email is what is used to link rewards from the community.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Julieb1 First, make sure you were not charged for incomplete activation. Sometimes it goes through even though it gives an error. If you were not charged, try again using incognito/private browsing mode and see if it let's you. If not, you might have to wait an hour or so for the session to expire before you can try again.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

First thing to try is to use a different web browser, or incognito/private mode on your browser.

If that doesn't work, your sim might be stuck half-registered in the system, in which case you should message a Moderator for help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.