cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International data plan for Mexico

Sharon17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there an international data plan for Mexico that I can purchase?

4 REPLIES 4

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not yet but maybe in the near future. I saw freedom mobile offering can/us/Mexico  so maybe it will be coming to PM too!

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

as you know PM does not have roaming in Mexico, I would check local data sim.  Chexk Telcel sim card for Mexico. Telcel has by far the best 4G/5G network coverage in Mexico and for around $16 USD you get unlimited social media apps, calling minutes and 4 GB data for surfing the internet.

or you can check other choices at stores there.  Chexk OXXO — there is basically one in every street corner. You can also buy them at Walmarts, large grocery stores and some convenience stores. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Sharon17 

Public Mobile only works in Canada and the United States (with the purchase of roaming add on). You can not use your Public Mobile in any other country. If you wish to use cellular services while you’re in another country, you can look at https://www.airalo.com/ for affordable data plans and then download an app like Fongo and pick a local number to where you currently live. They do however charge for texting. TextNow is free calling and texting. You can use both of these VOIP programs via WiFi or on a data only SIM card.

@Sharon17 wrote:

Is there an international data plan for Mexico that I can purchase?

Sorry, but no Public Mobile servcie is avaialble for use in Mexico.

Need Help? Let's chat.