cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call

Lain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was wondering, my family in France can call me on my regular number and they don't pay extra.

I'd like to simply "ring" them for a few seconds so they know now is a good time to call - do I get charged if I only ring and they don't pick up the call? 

I Have the basic 15$ plan.

Thanks! 

8 REPLIES 8

Lain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Very interesting, thanks! 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lain , I would suggest installing a popular cross platform chat app like Whatsapp, Signal, Telegram, Hangouts, etc. and make a voice of video call free of long distance charges on WiFi or mobile data.  It is so 20th century to make personal phone calls.  Smiley Very Happy

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You will need an International add on or you can't make any calls. The 400 minute plan is a great deal you can buy for 15.00. Sorry you were not able to get it free before Christmas.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Lain 

Internetcalls gives you 300 free minutes per week after you load the balance for about 4 months, after that it's 2c/minute, 10 euros can last you years. When you use up your balance and put some more money on your account you get another 120 days off free calling. I've been using hotvoip and internetcalls nonoh too for will over decade. They all are good for different countries, you can compare them at pogx.ch 

Some you can configure on your native Android dialer if they offer sip configuration, they all have dial in number (like calling card) some offer direct phone2phone from browser (you press button in the burreower and to call both numbers simultaneously) they also have each their own app and there is an app that they all share. It's mobile VoIP

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lain wrote:

I was wondering, my family in France can call me on my regular number and they don't pay extra.

I'd like to simply "ring" them for a few seconds so they know now is a good time to call - do I get charged if I only ring and they don't pick up the call? 

I Have the basic 15$ plan.

Thanks! 

@Lain  Can they receive a text? If yes, then you can text them for free.

@Lain  Were you a customer before Xmas? We're you able to get the free holiday add ons? If so you can already call France. Otherwise purchase the $15 calling add on. At $0.0375 (>$0.04) a minute even a long phone call won't cost much: 10 min=$0.40 or 1 hour $2.40 pretty cheap.

Note that the $8 / 200 minutes are for calls to Canada and US only. The $15 / 400 minutes is for calls to other countries, including France.

400 International Long Distance minutes
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela....$15
200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes...$8

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Lain Without a LD add-on, the call will not go through. You will have to purchase one of the LD add-on (200min for $8 or 400min $15). After purchasing this, you will be able to make a call or at least let it ring once. The add-on will stay in your account until you use all mins. 

Need Help? Let's chat.