cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Text

AngelaBurke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am no longer able to receive text messages from my bank in Australia with Authorization codes. I have checked with my bank in Australia and the messages are being sent on there end but not getting through to me. This has only started happening approx 3 weeks ago.

9 REPLIES 9

@BKNS27 wrote:

@softech 

Everytime I ask to resend a FA2 code or any code for that matter on TextNow…it pops the the payment page with a note indicating to select one of the payment options.

@BKNS27 Yup, if you make the payment, you will get the actual 2FA code

@softech 

Everytime I ask to resend a FA2 code or any code for that matter on TextNow…it pops the the payment page with a note indicating to select one of the payment options.

The only time I receive a FA2 code is when I am down in the USA with a TextNow SIM card in my phone connected to a T-Mobile network.

Good thing the SIM only cost $0.99 and I get free text and calling to Canada and USA while I am in the USA!

@BKNS27   yes and no. 

if you pay TextNow for the subscription, you can receive 2FA code.  But honest, can they receive all the codes?  I am not sure, I just know I subscribed and did receive the code I want 

Not all service like this, Fongo can also receive "some" 2FA codes, but the list that it can receive is very short

@hairbag1 

Unfortunately you can’t get authorization code or 2FA code on the free TextNow app. You need to be on the paid service to receive codes through text.

AngelaBurke

Thankyou for your suggestion but I’m afraid  that won’t work for me as it’s an automated messages that is sent through from my bank in Australia to verify it is me when I am transferring/paying bills from this account. I was able to receive the messages up till a few weeks ago.

HI @AngelaBurke 

International texts are usually hit and miss.  Please open a ticket with CS agent and have them to confirm 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

AngelaBurke

Hi there Thankyou for your message yes up until a few weeks ago I was able to receive these text messages from my bank.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AngelaBurke...

Not sure if this will help but...consider downloading free voip app such as TextNow. You'll be able to select a free Cdn number and you can send / receive texts for free using your wifi.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @AngelaBurke   did you ever able to receive the text on PM phone?  International shortcode usually would not works

Need Help? Let's chat.