cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Talk Add On Not Working

AD236
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the 400 international minutes add-on today but it's not letting me make international calls. I need to make a phone call to the UK, but when I try to make it, a Public Mobile recording comes on and says my plan does not include talk. I currently have the $15 100 Canada-wide outgoing calls / unlimited incoming calls & text plan. So far this billing cycle I have only used 5/100 of my outgoing minutes so this doesn't make any sense. This is extremely frustrating as the phone call I need to make is very important and time sensitive. Any help from moderators would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Are you putting the calling out code in?

To call United Kingdom from Canada, dial: 011 - 44 - Area Code - Land Phone Number 011 - 44 - 10 Digit Mobile Number

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @AD236 ,

Have you tried restarting your phone after you purchased the addon?

usually, that kicks in the new addons packages.

Cheers

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Are you putting the calling out code in?

To call United Kingdom from Canada, dial: 011 - 44 - Area Code - Land Phone Number 011 - 44 - 10 Digit Mobile Number

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@AD236 

Did you do both steps? Add money, buy add-on? Maybe you still have the amount in your Available Funds.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@AD236 Are you sure you bought the addon? Is it showing in your self-service account, and the money were deducted?

AD236

Thanks a lot for this, it's the first time I've had to make an international call so I wasn't aware of that.

Cheers

egeorge

Have done this. Have removed/replaced SIM card. Still being told that my plan does not include talk. I have 400 minutes sitting in my account. Getting desperate, can't call out to relatives abroad.

AD236

See JB456’s message higher above in the thread; that was the issue for me. Perhaps the issue is that it’s the lack of the appropriate exit/country codes before you put in the 10 digit number. If you google “how to call (insert country) from  Canada” it will tell you the appropriate codes to put in.

@egeorge 

What country are you trying to call?..Maybe it's not one that is included??

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela