cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Talk Add On Not Working

AD236
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the 400 international minutes add-on today but it's not letting me make international calls. I need to make a phone call to the UK, but when I try to make it, a Public Mobile recording comes on and says my plan does not include talk. I currently have the $15 100 Canada-wide outgoing calls / unlimited incoming calls & text plan. So far this billing cycle I have only used 5/100 of my outgoing minutes so this doesn't make any sense. This is extremely frustrating as the phone call I need to make is very important and time sensitive. Any help from moderators would be much appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

@egeorge 

What country are you trying to call?..Maybe it's not one that is included??

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

AD236

See JB456’s message higher above in the thread; that was the issue for me. Perhaps the issue is that it’s the lack of the appropriate exit/country codes before you put in the 10 digit number. If you google “how to call (insert country) from  Canada” it will tell you the appropriate codes to put in.

egeorge

Have done this. Have removed/replaced SIM card. Still being told that my plan does not include talk. I have 400 minutes sitting in my account. Getting desperate, can't call out to relatives abroad.

AD236

Thanks a lot for this, it's the first time I've had to make an international call so I wasn't aware of that.

Cheers

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@AD236 Are you sure you bought the addon? Is it showing in your self-service account, and the money were deducted?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AD236 

Did you do both steps? Add money, buy add-on? Maybe you still have the amount in your Available Funds.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Are you putting the calling out code in?

To call United Kingdom from Canada, dial: 011 - 44 - Area Code - Land Phone Number 011 - 44 - 10 Digit Mobile Number

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @AD236 ,

Have you tried restarting your phone after you purchased the addon?

usually, that kicks in the new addons packages.

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.