cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Roaming

FernandaAbril
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on vacations in Mexico but I do not have data or can make calls. What can I do? Can I buy an add-on?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FernandaAbril 

public mobile offer service only to U.S. Roaming.

and anywhere has a Wi-Fi Free,

and use a app Textme or Talkatone, and you will getting new canadian number for Free from that app,

• Unlimited Call \ SMS \ MMS a Free USA/Canada.

Here link for app Talkatone.

Here link for app Text Me.

enjoy your trip...

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@FernandaAbril  Public Mobile doesn't work in Mexico. Download TEXTNOW APP. You get a Canadian number, can make Free calls, text to Canada/USA numbers over a Wi-Fi connection. Has caller I'd and even voicemail when you're not online. Best thing about the app is others don't need the app to reach you they just need the phone number.

Happy Holidays!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, PM only offers roaming in the US.  You would need to either purchase a local sim or use Wi-Fi apps like Textnow, Skype, or Signal.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FernandaAbril   No, there is no roaming other than USA for PM

For travelling to Mexico, you need to buy local SIM for data access.  

for calling back Canada or have you friend to reach you for free, use VoIP app like TextNow or Fongo .   You can make calls and receive calls with another Canadian number the app  provides you as long as you have Wifi or Data access there

If you need critical 2FA text, make sure you arrange it before your trip to change to other mean of 2FA, like email or Authenticator.  You won't be receiving 2FA text in Mexico

Need Help? Let's chat.