cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Minutes Do Not Work Without Minutes

garyballs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I purchased a text only plan from PM. I also purchased 200 minutes as an add on thinking that I could just use 200 minutes at a time. With this setup, I am unable to make calls without a phone plan. 

I'd like to return the 200 minutes I purchased since I cannot use them.

Please advise,

Gary

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks @SD08.  I always try for my patented blend of entertainment, passive aggressive commentary, and abject outrage.  Glad to see I've still got it.  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08

@srlawren wrote:

@ute1978 you'd think that would be enough!  Unfortunately, any software developer worth their pay knows that at a bare minimum, you need to (1) show the users exactly and only what they need to see, when they need to see it, and (2) limit them from taking actions that lead to an invalid state or known error conditions.  You could argue quite easily that PM has failed miserably on both of these counts.  Implementing #2 would involve either inability to complete the top-up/purchase--with a meaningful and helpful error message--if an incompatible add-on (such as LD minutes requiring talk plan but not having a talk plan!) were in the basket.  This would be good.  Even better would be implementing #1 and either greying out, or entirely removing the LD add-ons from the list when the user does not currently have a talk plan.  I'd give PM full credit for either solution though.  What a shame.

@srlawren

Haha...your rants are the best.  Always articulate, emphatic, yet restrained.  Carry on!  Robot Happy

garyballs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks to everyone for all the replies, help, and philosophical technical discussion.

Gary

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawrenTotally agree with you. The way it is now will create even more work for the mods correcting and crediting member's accounts.

srlawren

@ute1978 you'd think that would be enough!  Unfortunately, any software developer worth their pay knows that at a bare minimum, you need to (1) show the users exactly and only what they need to see, when they need to see it, and (2) limit them from taking actions that lead to an invalid state or known error conditions.  You could argue quite easily that PM has failed miserably on both of these counts.  Implementing #2 would involve either inability to complete the top-up/purchase--with a meaningful and helpful error message--if an incompatible add-on (such as LD minutes requiring talk plan but not having a talk plan!) were in the basket.  This would be good.  Even better would be implementing #1 and either greying out, or entirely removing the LD add-ons from the list when the user does not currently have a talk plan.  I'd give PM full credit for either solution though.  What a shame.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@Jeremy_M for the love of all things good, why on Earth have you guys not blocked purchasing this add-on when people don't have a talk plan?!?!  How many months do I have to plead with you to plug this hole?  Ugh.

@srlawrenkeep fighting!

On the other hand.... members could also read the fine print.

Add-ons are available for use only with an active plan. Long distance Add-Ons require a monthly talk feature on the rate plan.

Or the very first sentence when in the add on purchase screen!

If you need U.S. roaming, long distance or extra data added to your plan, choose one of the Add-Ons. Please note you’ll need a plan before you can add an Add-On, which will come into effect immediately after purchase.

srlawren

@Jeremy_M for the love of all things good, why on Earth have you guys not blocked purchasing this add-on when people don't have a talk plan?!?!  How many months do I have to plead with you to plug this hole?  Ugh.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is why they are called add on minutes.  You need to have a plan with calling feature before you can add on the long distance minutes.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@garyballs, yes to have the addon work you would need Talk in your plan.  You can contact a MOD but this is a prepaid service not sure about a refund but they maybe able to put it as Available Funds for your next renewal.

You will need to message a MOD for assistance, click on this link Moderator Team
to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You'll have to try contacting the mods if you'd like a refund. Send them a message with this link, including your phone number and email address, and explain your situation. They'll do their best to help you out!

Need Help? Let's chat.