cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calling?

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey guys, I see Lucky Mobile offers identical plans and prices to public however they have a phone number you can call for help and also offer International long distance plans for europe and asia. I like that Idea for a lot of my foreign workers here in Canada would love it too. I wish Public would offer these add ons. Maybe a Moderator can speak on this. I will be losing a lot of my foreign customers because of this to Lucky 😞

4 REPLIES 4

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile's $15 100-minute plan includes unlimited incoming calls and unlimited outgoing calls to toll-free numbers. Lucky mobile counts all of that. Also Public Mobile's $15 plan is actually $13 with auto-pay, so its actually cheaper than Lucky Mobile's competing plan.

On the other hand, Lucky Mobile offers severely throttled data after the limit has been reached, Public Mobile's stops working entirely.

Lucky Mobile does offer what looks like a more diverse selection of international long distance add-ons, but this is easily addressed with Public Mobile (and probably cheaper) by using intermediary calling services such as Rebtel & Goldline which operate over real phone lines, or other various VoIP options...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Hey guys, I see Lucky Mobile offers identical plans and prices to public however they have a phone number you can call for help and also offer International long distance plans for europe and asia. I like that Idea for a lot of my foreign workers here in Canada would love it too. I wish Public would offer these add ons. Maybe a Moderator can speak on this. I will be losing a lot of my foreign customers because of this to Lucky 😞

@Mountainmaxman  They are not really the same though. PM has more rewards/credits and their add-ons never expire so they will offer similar priced plans and the customer needs to weigh the +/- and decide the best fit for their individual situation.

Not sure about your foreign worker argument either as most foreigners can take advantage of International roaming plans that are priced lower than current Canadian plans.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

You could purchase a LD calling card or use wi-fi apps like Skype, TextNow, or WhatsApp.

Support is through the community forum or if can't be resolved then a ticket can be sent to a moderator.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman since Telus and Bell uses the same infrastructure. The quality of calls should be approximately the same. So, its a matter of preference. In business money talks. If I was in your position, to me, it makes perfect sense to go with Lucky. So, thought we would miss you here...

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.