cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent data due to "Stuck" lte

Bling
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi there,

Just switched over from rogers recently with my nexus 5 (unlocked north American edition). I noticed that it doesn't want to switch back to H even when it loses Lte connection.

It would either have no data while showing its on lte, or it would display a small exclamation mark next to the lte symbol.

My only work around right now is to select 3g has the preferred network, forfeiting lte all together.

I did setup, and even resetup the APN for my phone, to make sure it's all correct.

I've tried to search on the forum here with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

Bling
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Thanks for the quick reply.

No I don't have forced lte only as it does go into H at startup, or when going out of wifi, when there is no Lte available. However it seems like once it finds lte it won't let go. I will try to look up how to do a network reset on nexus 5 and see.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

i do not know much about the nexus 5, but to me it sounds, that you have "forced lte only" enabled ..usually there is an option under preferred network, which lets you decide..

pm's voice service does not run at the moment on the LTE ( LTE is only used for data at the moment ) .... voice comes via 3G only .. ( i have heard that they are working on voice using LTE ) ..

did you try a network reset yet? pm uses LTE frequency band 4 1700mhz for receiving and 2100mhz sending...

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.