cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase

Obdoctor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My June bill was 39.95 and my May bill was 31.96.  20 G data 4g. My welcome reward was 5 and my other reward 1.75. Still this amounts to a 6$ increase and seems to cancel the advantage Public had when I first enrolled.

A 29$ plan is offered  with similar data but only for new accounts. 

Other carriers have better rates

Was he change in reward plan a way to increase the charge?

I do notice it

5 REPLIES 5

ApM

I would search competitors pricing. When you see a better rate msg public mobile and tell them you’ll switch if they don’t match the rate. And if they don’t match it, switch. 

Obdoctor

So I'm looking  around for  a plan that puts me back to my original rate prior to the change in rewards. I can find them eg Chatr, but one big catch for me. The maximum number of voice mail is 3. while Public Mobile is 10. To increase the number of messages for Chatr is $5.00. I dont think I want to be limited to 3  so for now I'll stay with Public, or maybe learn to live with ! Gb. Mostly wifi anyways.

@slusagm wrote:

@Obdoctor 

sorry, no way to get the $29-40GB plan.  For exiting customers, only $29 for 10GB

yes, we all suffer from the end of the old rewards system.   The points we got won't be as much as your saving before.  But this is why PM ended it, to save some money for the business 😞

Customer support agents have granted exceptions to some existing customers allowing them to get plans normally received for new customers.  However, I see that as unlikely in this situation as customer service would have to grant an exception that lowers the amount of revenue that Public Mobile collects.

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

@Obdoctor 

sorry, no way to get the $29-40GB plan.  For exiting customers, only $29 for 10GB

yes, we all suffer from the end of the old rewards system.   The points we got won't be as much as your saving before.  But this is why PM ended it, to save some money for the business 😞

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.