cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect data usage

drg2314
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received notification saying 100 % data usage has been reached, and going to self-serve Data & Add on usage shows nothing (indicating 100% has been used). However, I know for a fact I haven't used all of my data (1 GB) based on the monitoring app on my phone.

Also, just looking at the complete phone usage history (data & calls) and sorting by data usage shows that I've used very little data in the past 30 days. 

data usage.JPG

To me, it seems like the data counter(?) hasn't reset from the past billing period.

Now my phone is getting no data, and I do not want to be adding an add-on when I should have way more data left in my plan.

How can this be fixed?

12 REPLIES 12

@drg2314 

Like the month of October.

@drg2314 wrote:

I looked at this in more detail, and found out that I had a lot of usage at the end of last month that didn't get captured in my phone's app (phone assumes reset is Oct 1st). I don't know why that didn't show up when I sorted by data usage, but I guess that explains it. I'll just wait few days since the end of the billing cycle is coming up.

Yeah, Android's internal usage meter always assumes renewals on the same "day" each month - whereas Public Mobile is always 30 days. So when there's months with 28, 29, or 31 days, your renewal date will be offset a day compared to your android reset date, so you'll have to shift it every couple months or so unless you use a different data usage app that has an explicit 30 day option...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Luke...trust the counter. 🙂

drg2314
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I looked at this in more detail, and found out that I had a lot of usage at the end of last month that didn't get captured in my phone's app (phone assumes reset is Oct 1st). I don't know why that didn't show up when I sorted by data usage, but I guess that explains it. I'll just wait few days since the end of the billing cycle is coming up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

The self serve page will show the usage for the past 30 days if that option is selected no matter when the last renewal was. The truth is, at this point, we really have no idea yet when the data counter should have been reset for this member.

Correct. That's my point.

Yes we could use some more facts.

@Anonymous 

Still if that's an average week at 78mb x4= 312mb give or take for 30 days.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@drg2314 

Dare I say the obvious...that's only page 1 that only goes back 5 days.

Edit: and you'd want to start at your renewal day...not just the past 30 days

With the earliest date being shown in that screenshot being October 15, it's possible that October 15th was the renewal date. @drg2314 : Is that the case?

But he has last 30 days ticked up top. Not a date range.

The self serve page will show the usage for the past 30 days if that option is selected no matter when the last renewal was. The truth is, at this point, we really have no idea yet when the data counter should have been reset for this member.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@drg2314 

With the earliest date being shown in that screenshot being October 15, it's possible that October 15th was the renewal date. @drg2314 : Is that the case?

But he has last 30 days ticked up top. Not a date range.

@drg2314 

It does look like your plan data didn't reset. Occassionaly this does happen. As per @computergeek541 suggestion contact the moderators to reset your data to the amount not recieved from pm and have them open a ticket with the tech team to look into why it didn't reset so you don't continue to have an issue. Check on your account and take screenshots of your overview page before and after your renewal to ensure if it does happen again you can have it corrected right away.

@Anonymous wrote:

@drg2314 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@drg2314 

@drg2314 wrote:

To me, it seems like the data counter(?) hasn't reset from the past billing period.

Now my phone is getting no data, and I do not want to be adding an add-on when I should have way more data left in my plan.

How can this be fixed?

If that's the case, you'll need to open a ticket for a moderator's help by going to: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

Need Help? Let's chat.