cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect ESN/MEID

tanya1255
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my number from Shaw to Public, I received Shaw's confirmation of this but then I received a text from Public saying they are having trouble transferring my number, looks like an incorrect ESN/MEID was entered. How do I resolve this?

6 REPLIES 6

pumama

Hello, I started the porting process today and also having this issue. Can you send me the number to contact pls. 

Dream4reality
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have exactly the same issue, and no one from Public is calling me. May I trouble you to forward their number to me as well? Thanks!

@Mim51  Sent, please check your Community inbox

Mim51

I am having the same issue. Can you kindly send me a phone number so I can get this corrected? Thank you

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tanya1255   there is actually a number to reach porting support team.  Call them and provide them the account number of your old provider instead

I will send you the porting team number via Community inbox.  Please check 

@tanya1255 wrote:

I transferred my number from Shaw to Public, I received Shaw's confirmation of this but then I received a text from Public saying they are having trouble transferring my number, looks like an incorrect ESN/MEID was entered. How do I resolve this?

The text message that Public Mobile sends contains incorrect information as there are no longer any carriers here that use ESN or MEID number.  When looking for it, it's actualy the IMEI that can be used.  Please open a ticket using the Public Mobile chatbot at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.