cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistencies with Bill Payment

OMShunyata13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out. i've spent almost an hour simply trying to get on the community -- it wasn't accepting my email for some reason. PROBLEM: my monthly bill is $40 - $2 = $38. This months statement on my Public history says $38, but on my VISA it was charged  $42.94. Why is this, and how do i get the charges reversed? Thank you!

15 REPLIES 15

@kb_mv 

I have to assume they expect to see that actual $$ spent on the Self Serve page which maybe (a stretch) would make sense. But I am glad it doesn’t as that would just introduce a whole new level of confusion between different provinces and us trying to sort out peoples confusion.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@OMShunyata13 

On the “How do i get the extra charges reversed” front ... let us know how it goes! We will all be interested to see how quickly you receive the refund from the government.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector I get people have brain farts or whatever you may want to call them but I have seen this "issue" pop up here on more than one other occasion. I wouldn't walk in to a store, buy a coat listed at $99.99 and then complain when the clerk asked for $115. Why is it that people don't get the tax thing here? A rhetorical question I guess.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@OMShunyata13 

On the “How do i get the extra charges reversed” front ... let us know how it goes! We will all be interested to see how quickly you receive the refund from the government.

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

@OMShunyata13 

Taxes gotta love 'em!

Edit: run over by an army of ninja's !! Or not....i swear there was only the OP's post here a moment ago!

I suspect the question was posted twice, two topics that were merged together. But not 100% certain.

AE_Collector

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@OMShunyata13  use your username OMShunyata13 to access the community. Your email is for your self service account.

@OMShunyata13 

Taxes gotta love 'em!

Edit: run over by an army of ninja's !! Or not....i swear there was only the OP's post here a moment ago!

OMShunyata13

Thank you ever so much!

Makes sense as i am in Ontario.

Much Appreciated!

@OMShunyata13 wrote:

Hi,

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out. i've spent almost an hour simply trying to get on the community -- it wasn't accepting my email for some reason. PROBLEM: my monthly bill is $40 - $2 = $38. This months statement on my Public history says $38, but on my VISA it was charged  $42.94. Why is this, and how do i get the charges reversed? Thank you!

You need to pay taxes. In your case 13%.

OMShunyata13

Hi,

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @OMShunyata13 

Welcome to Public Mobile!

The payment history info on your Public Mobile account does not include the taxes.

The charge you have on your credit card is completely legit. Whether we pay by credit card or payment voucher, the taxes must be paid. Every cell provider in Canada will charge taxes on top of the listed price of the plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mm80 wrote:

@Staliger wrote:

@OMShunyata13 PM shows prices without Tax. If you do manual payment, it shows the final price your card would be charged, including tax.

Manual payment or not, tax needs to be paid. It doesn't show tax in Public Mobile account for either. On credit card tax is there for automatic or manual payment.

Actually it does in his example. I have a BC number.

manualpaymenttaxes.JPG

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Staliger wrote:

@OMShunyata13 PM shows prices without Tax. If you do manual payment, it shows the final price your card would be charged, including tax.

Manual payment or not, tax needs to be paid. It doesn't show tax in Public Mobile account payment history for either. On credit card, tax is there for automatic or manual payment.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@OMShunyata13 wrote:

Hi,

When you add fund to your account, the total is $38 + ON sales tax($42.94) on your credit card.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Province taxes you have to pay. Are you in Ontario? 

13% tax.  

38 x 13% equals $42.94

Need Help? Let's chat.