cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete porting??

qweqazbob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new PM member and signed up this morning. I tried to port my number from my fido account and I got both a message that says it was incomplete and I would be contacted by somebody (I wasnt) and one that said it completed. Currently my eSIM with public allows for calling outbound, texts and using data. My current SIM with fido still works and I am receiving incoming calls and texts from it. How do I troubleshoot this situation and move fully towards PM? 

TIA

6 REPLIES 6

yeg780

Can you please help me as this is pretty similar to what is happening to me. I got the transfer phone number request from my old provider, and I did respond Yes. But later got a text from Public Mobile saying there was an error with my EID number or something. Now my phone is only sort of working. Texts and calls from Public Mobile people are working but no one else. I really need help! 

*disregard. I plugged in my old SIM, got a text from Public Mobile telling their was a problem transferring my phone number and gave me instructions on how to contact them. After waiting on hold for quite a while I finally got a real human and got the problem solved in minutes.

@TingL  Sent 

TingL

I am having the exact same issue can I have the number as will?

qweqazbob

thanks!.. its been about 6 hours for me. no luck yet

TheBlackCat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the exact issue when I ported from Fizz yesterday and it resolved itself in about 2 hours. For a couple of hours I had service on my physical SIM from Fizz and from my eSIM from PM. Eventually the Fizz SIM died out and I got a text from PM asking me to reboot the phone to complete the port.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@qweqazbob  No one will contact you , I’ll send you the porting team number private message and they can re trigger the port request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.