cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete port phone number

Kgt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hello All, I'm a newbie on PM as of this afternoon. After listing my porting information during my signup, I'm only able to call and text out. My incoming calls and texts aren't being received. My data is working as expected. I did configure the APN to PM requirement. Any assistance will be welcomed. Thx, Kgt
23 REPLIES 23

@DonForgo wrote:

Depending which provider you are with, and where you live, there are some areas and phone numbers that do not allow porting.

In Nova Scotia for instance, some numbers are not allowed to be ported, it's weird. 

There are likely numbers in all provinces that can't be ported. If Public Mobile/Telus doesn't offer number themselves for that rate centre/city, a phone number associated with that location won't be eligible to be ported to Public.

@totalUser wrote:

Thanks for letting us know:)

Cheers and welcome to public mobile

@Kgt  Ditto!

@DonForgo wrote:

Depending which provider you are with, and where you live, there are some areas and phone numbers that do not allow porting.

In Nova Scotia for instance, some numbers are not allowed to be ported, it's weird. 

@DonForgoThanks thats good intel for nova Scotia future customers.

Thanks for letting us know:)

Cheers and welcome to public mobile

Kgt

@darliciousThank you for "strongly urging" me to contact the Porting Team which I did.

They assured me my port would be completed in 48 hours and I would receive notification from PB.

Thank you all for your responses.

Merry Christmas!!

DonForgo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Kgt  Does this mean success? You phone number port has been completed!!

Yes @darlicious you are right it makes sense to contact them directly unless there is also an account problem on public side they should be able to handle it. Though often it is just waiting for previous provider to release the number, I'm witness in two occasions that the correct info was submitted and resubmitted but they still kept asking again. And also in that case port dptmnt is best place to talk to as they can say everything is clear on our side, now we just wait, while mods have to receive that info before passing it to user, unnecessary clog I guess. 

Im actually not surprised that mods response is down and worse these days, that's good news for all of us, means lots of people joined, lots of people got referrals (sadly I'm not one of them but I have couple of really good prospects coming) and our sweet deals are gonna last. When I see those accounts with 0 or $3, I get worried if we're gonna sink the ship:)

@Kgt  Telus porting department closes in 10 minutes. I strongly urge you to call.

@Kgt  @totalUser  @ChuckYeah  @geopublic  @PAULRANG18 

Moderator support wth porting the last few days has not been very good...i haven't heard any positive updates from users with this problem and @Rollieftw has been waiting since last Wednesday  and the telus porting department reported to her it was not on their end but public mobiles. The moderators have not been back in contact for 3 days after acknowledging the issue is on their end. Anything the customer can do to fix their issue by their own means is preferable and much quicker than relying on the moderators at this point.

Hi @Kgt 

The fastest thing is to give call to port department, even if you contact moderators they will probably have to get on touch with them anyways. They should be working now too.

There is probably a problem and your input is needed

Kgt
@ChuckYeah thank you for your suggestion. Just checked and my old sim and phone is completely functional with the phone number I want ported. On the other phone with my new PM sim, I'm still only able to call and text out. I'll give it until tomorrow.

@Kgt  Your port is definitely stuck. Contact a moderator in casebit is a problem within your account. However if access to your account is not needed contacting the telus porting department  will be faster ( the mods do this too) so you will be saving yourself a step and at the very least you will learn the status of your of port.  The porting department  is open for another half hour. Why wait til tomorrow if you can get it fixed now? Have your old providers account number ready.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Port could take several hours or longer, so be patient. Contact a moderator if needed.

Kgt
@Staliger, Thank you for your instructions on how to contact the Moderator with the "?".

Kgt
@geopublic, my phone is LG G6.

@Kgt wrote:
Thank you for your assistance @totalUser. My phone number is cell to cell and it was initiated at 1430 EST today. My old sim is still active and have full abilities to call and text out and to receive calls and texts. Will see what tomorrow brings!

I think it's safe to contact @CS_Agent now and perhaps you'll get a response in the morning.

Kgt
@DonForgo thank you! I wasn't aware that on port completion, I would receive a text confirmation. Good to know with relief.

If it's a cell number your porting, I'd recommend contacting @CS_Agent if the port doesn't complete within 4 hrs.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kgt  What is the make and model of your phone?

Kgt
Thank you for your assistance @totalUser. My phone number is cell to cell and it was initiated at 1430 EST today. My old sim is still active and have full abilities to call and text out and to receive calls and texts. Will see what tomorrow brings!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Kgt wrote:
Hello All, I'm a newbie on PM as of this afternoon. After listing my porting information during my signup, I'm only able to call and text out. My incoming calls and texts aren't being received. My data is working as expected. I did configure the APN to PM requirement. Any assistance will be welcomed. Thx, Kgt

Next day if it doesn't work still, I recommend to talk with moderator about your case. Click the "?" in lower right side of the page to talk with moderator and receive assistance. Type 'contact moderator" then follow directions. They get back to you in 1-3 hours.

DonForgo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Kgt wrote:

Once the port-in is completed, the system will send you a text message.

Anytime before that, you are allocate a temporary number to call out with. 

Landlines can take up to 7 days depending on which provider you are switching from also, Celluar lines, 2 hours, or more depending on how many port requests are submitted, on Black Fridays / Boxing Day weekend sales, it could take up to 48 hours.... and I've seen one taking a whole week. 

Need Help? Let's chat.