cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete port, no incoming calls

binaryjason
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's been a week since my porting from Fido to Public Mobile.   The porting seems incomplete as I am still unable to receive incoming calls when I insert PM sim card (outgoing calls are fine). Inserting old Fido sim card everything works.

This is kind of sad because I have to switch back to Fido sim and keep paying for their plan, while paying for PM plan which I can't use right now.

I have sent out a private message to @Shazia_K please help.

8 REPLIES 8

frankis

Well I've been waiting since Sunday. Tried to do things by the book. Got the port failure SMS and then submited a port request online. Got automated message that I would get a reply within 48 hours, which I proceeded to wait. No response. Then sent PM to mod, which remained unread for additional three days. Started surfing around and realized that just PM'ing wasn't enough since people were getting fixes within a few minutes of posting even if they had just attempted a port. You also have to grab a MOD's attention by posting in a thread and hope that they read it. 

They are probably getting 100's of PM a day, many of which are just asking for status updates or repeating previous requests which just contribute to the noise they have to wade through. I think the issue is that they don't have a formal tracking system in-house that allows them to ticket these forum support requests and also allow users to track the status so people just end up sending them more messages which just makes things even more difficult.

Mayfieldfan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Shazia_K

How come someone with less wait time got the issue resolved when others are waiting for longer including me? What is the priority order?

binaryjason

Thanks for your help earlier @Shazia_K, I have another phone number from a family member that is also stuck in the porting process as well. I'v sent the info via pm, thank you!

See if the suggestions in this post help:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

frankis

Can someone look into my port also. I PM'd @Shazia_K also a few days ago.  My old provider starts a new month on Monday and I'd rather not have to pay for another month if I don't have to.

EDIT: And mine appears to have complete now also.  Thanks everyone.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @binaryjason!

You won't pay for PM plan until number is ported.  PM mods are known to reset the plan to start from the day they respond to you with a solution and your new PM line is fully functional.  

EDIT:  and super Shazia seems to have taken care of this.  Welcome aboard.   

carmennic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@binaryjason I am in the same boat! 3 emails and many PM's to MODs and no response. Its been a week and I can make phone calls but not receive them. I also just realized that I'm not getting texts with my bell sim. Imessage is fine as its data. so I chose between phone calls and texts! I'm beyond frustrated. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello, 

I'm sorry about this,. 

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.