cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls and texts not working

danny7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, just wondering what I should do in this situation. Incoming calls are not working, people who try to call me get redirected to voicemail. Other people's texts are not coming in either. However, all outgoing services are working.

Would like some advice asap. Thank you.

(It's been 3 weeks and had no problem until a few days ago; it's an ongoing plan, not a lmited one)

7 REPLIES 7

danny7

that could be possible, I've gotten a call from an unknown company a few times...

@danny7 wrote:

It wasn't a transfer, it was my first plan on my phone, so I got a new sim card from walmart and had it set up at a walmart.

Since you took a new phone number, I am wondering if Public Mobile mistakenly activated this same phone number for another new customer.  Public Mobile has been doing that a few times.

danny7

Oh, I see. I will contact a MOD tomorrow then. Thanks everyone for the help.

danny7

It wasn't a transfer, it was my first plan on my phone, so I got a new sim card from walmart and had it set up at a walmart.

_parth23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You probably accidentally clicked something regarding your plan, you can try to get a hold of a moderator and they will help you solve this issue.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@danny7 wrote:

Hello, just wondering what I should do in this situation. Incoming calls are not working, people who try to call me get redirected to voicemail. Other people's texts are not coming in either. However, all outgoing services are working.

Would like some advice asap. Thank you.

Did you recently port your number into Public Mobile?  This sounds like a port that is stuck in the process.  You will need to contact the moderators to assist we completing the port.  In the meantime I would put in your previous providers sim as it is probably still working and will be able to send and receive calls and texts.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

ETA sorry see you added it isn't a port.  You will need to contact the moderators if this just started happening out of nowhere.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danny7, did you just sign up & port (transfer) your number from another providor?  If so, it just means that the transfer has not completed yet.  If this is your situation, how long has it been since you initiated the transfer AND where are you tranferring from.  Transferrs from other cell carriers usually take les than a few hours.  Sometimes as little as 15 minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.