cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call

rajprem1976
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I join the Public Mobile on Feb.7/2023, but i do not get any incoming call. I call call out and send text, also i can receive text. My question is you ask my last provider about my port to transfer to you.

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rajprem1976 

I hope you still have your old SIM because you need it to reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM.

Also your old account must be active before you can port over.

If you don’t have the old SIM and closed your account. You need to purchase a new SIM and active the old account with the old carrier.

To have the porting process restarted for you. You need to contact a CS_Agent.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @rajprem1976 your port did not completed 

You missed the step to reply YES to approve the porting from your old carrier.  Make sure your old carrier account still active.  Call PM porting team and they can re-request the porting 

Will send you the porting team number to your Community inbox 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@rajprem1976  If you just ported to PM and missed the text porting team number can help start port process for you assuming you still have the old sim card from last provider will send you it private message 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rajprem1976 

You can submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.