Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Calls Forwarded to Voicemail

allen2019
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Activated a new plan today.

Able to call out and receive text msg

But all incoming calls is automatically forwarded to voicemail. Phone didn't ring.

Could anyone please help?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

allen2019

Appreciate all of yoru help. Thanks.

Setup voicemail but dialing 1. However when I call myself from another phone, the auto message said the voicemail is not initiated. So, doesn't help.

Thanks

@allen2019 wrote:

I only setup my Public Mobile Account and it says active.

I haven't setup Public Mobile Voicemail. How do I do that?

Thanks

@allen2019Hold 1 on your phone. If it does not work dial a number from here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home... then change your dialer voicemail shortcut to a local number from that list

@allen2019 wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

My old SIM doesn't work anymore.

Rebooted the phone to no avail.

Has PM Mod as you suggested.

Thank you very much

@allen2019Must be a problem with the port then, they should get back to you soon. Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)  Monday-Friday 8am-12am (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 8AM-10PM (EDT) is when they are working, and lately they have been responding with a few hours but they say it takes up to 48 hours. Hope you get taken care of soon it will be worth the wait. Once things are set up this is a great place to be.

allen2019

I only setup my Public Mobile Account and it says active.

I haven't setup Public Mobile Voicemail. How do I do that?

Thanks

allen2019

Thanks for the advice.

My old SIM doesn't work anymore.

Rebooted the phone to no avail.

Has PM Mod as you suggested.

Thank you very much

@allen2019 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I was told would take two hours before able to receive calls - but now it is more than 7 hours since the activated was completed in Walmart

@allen2019  2 hours is quite optimistic in my experience. Restard the phone. If no go- Stick in the old sim till it stops working. If it stops working and public mobile sim still doesn't get calls message the mods, probably a failed/stuck port.

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@allen2019 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I was told would take two hours before able to receive calls - but now it is more than 7 hours since the activated was completed in Walmart

Two hours was just an estimate. Sometime it takes a little more time to complete the port. When you said voice mail, which voice mail was it? Was it Public Mobile or previous provider voice mail?

allen2019

Thanks for the info.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@allen2019  Also, when you say forwarded to voicemail- did you set up public mobile voicemail yet? It is likely going to your OLD providers voicemail. Can you check that please?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@allen2019 

You should also be able to stick your old sim card in and still works, keep using it until it stops working, then your new public mobile sim should have incoming calls working

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@allen2019 wrote:

Activated a new plan today.

Able to call out and receive text msg

But all incoming calls is automatically forwarded to voicemail. Phone didn't ring.

Could anyone please help?

Thanks

@allen2019 

If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

If the issue continues you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.