cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Inactive account”

kristinlooby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to port in my number FROM public mobile to Fido but it is saying my account is inactive with public mobile. How do I activate my account? Or what is the minimum payment I need to do in order to activate the account? Help!!! 

18 REPLIES 18

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@kristinlooby Once you reply "Yes" to the SMS from PM authorizing the port out, your account will close and you will no longer be able to sign into it. Once your new service is up and running and everything works properly, you can delete your esim.

kristinlooby

Awesome thanks for everyone’s help! I believe I have successfully transferred over. I have removed my autopay with public mobile and now need to cancel my account. I have messaged the support person and asked them to do this. Once it has been cancelled can I delete the e-sim? 

Hi @kristinlooby  you don't really need to enter the 4 digits pin, it is more for those carriers without an account number (like 7/11 speakout)

but if you like, you can reset your PIN in My Account, Profile.  Once reset, you can provide the pin

kristinlooby

Tried this- it’s asking for a 4 digit account pin - where do I find this? 

kristinlooby

Thank you- we have been using the account number! 

@kristinlooby 

call 611 from your device with the Public Mobile eSIM in it.

The account status messaging will be heard there.

kristinlooby

Okay I have purchased the 15$ plan. Thank you! 

@kristinlooby wrote:

I’ve been in contact with an agent via messages and he said “all is OK on their end”. How do I “reactivate my service”? 

HI @kristinlooby again, if can be just a delay and Fido system not see it yet

Also, you need to submit PM's Account number and not the IMEI.  Many system will have trouble to port using IMEI, so provide them the account number

But best to wait a day and ask Fido to resend the porting request

@kristinlooby Can you make and receive calls? If not, you haven't subscribed to a plan. In your account you can select the $15 plan under subscription.

kristinlooby

I’ve been in contact with an agent via messages and he said “all is OK on their end”. How do I “reactivate my service”? 

HI @kristinlooby 

could be just a delay and Fido not seeing it yet.

But again, you sure your PM account is active ? Login using Incognito /Private/Secret mode to check once agian

if it is active,  have CS agent to confirm if they receive any Fido request at all.   Please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437                     

@kristinlooby wrote:

I was talking to a public mobile agent and they verified my account was active, and I made the 15$ payment on my account but when Fido tries to port the number I get the notification that my number is not active. Is it possible the credit card payment isn’t processed right away? Is there anything else I should be doing? 

@kristinlooby The payment would be applied to your "available funds" right away. When you made the payment did you then reactivate your service? Can you make and receive calls? You can message customer service at the link below for more in depth help. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kristinlooby

I was talking to a public mobile agent and they verified my account was active, and I made the 15$ payment on my account but when Fido tries to port the number I get the notification that my number is not active. Is it possible the credit card payment isn’t processed right away? Is there anything else I should be doing? 

@kristinlooby wrote:

I have an e-sim so I should receive the text? 

@kristinlooby Yes you should.

kristinlooby

Great thank you- I added 15$ to my PM account!

kristinlooby

I have an e-sim so I should receive the text? 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@kristinlooby  In addition to what @kb_mv  said make sure to have your PM sim in your phone to respond to the text authorizing the port.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@kristinlooby You need to go in and make a payment to reactivate so you can port out. The cheapest plan is $15. Once you activate, have your new providor send a port request to PM. You will get a SMS on your PM number asking you to authorize the port out. Once you reply yes your PM account is closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.