cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'In the USA' query

Meleana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Before I left Canada my account said I have unlimited International texting and 500 minutes US talk.  I did the US talk text add on for 10 days but I'm still confused.  1). Should I have roaming on and if so is there a limit to the Gigs I use?

2.). If I don't turn roaming on can I still make calls from US to Canada?

2). The text message I received from  Public Mobile said the add on it would be $10 for 10 days but when I signed up it was actually $15 plus tax for the 10 days.  What is that about?

5 REPLIES 5

Meleana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Meleana wrote:

1). Should I have roaming on and if so is there a limit to the Gigs I use?

2.). If I don't turn roaming on can I still make calls from US to Canada?

2). The text message I received from  Public Mobile said the add on it would be $10 for 10 days but when I signed up it was actually $15 plus tax for the 10 days.  What is that about?

@Meleana   

1.  Your Roaming toggle is likely for Roaming Mobile Data, so, it does not need to be toggled on to get US talk and text.  But if you like, you can still toggle it on as PM is prepaid, you didn't buy Roaming data, it won't allow you to use Roaming data anyway

2.  Yes you may still make calls (again, that Roaming Enable toggle should be found under Mobile Data page, it is about Roaming Mobile data, so you can leave it off)

3. if you got the Talk/Text buddle, so, it is $15, it is correct.  The text was trying to ask you to buy the minimum roaming data add-on for $10 

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Meleana yes will US add-on's roaming will need to be enabled on your device.  

Which US data add-on(s) did you buy specifically?

Here are all of the options below.  If it was just "talk and text" there is no data included.

USroamingaddons.jpg

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Meleana  The international text and 500 USA minutes are only available from Canada.. You will need roaming ON to use your add on

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Meleana 

Make sure you bought this add-on:

U.S. Talk and Text Bundle: $15

If the above one is showing under your add-on section in self-serve, make sure to manually connect (under cellular network connections) to the T-Mobile network when physically in the USA.

Also, bear in mind, that the 10 days starts immediately from the point of purchase. After that moment, the add-on is available for 240 hours. Then it expires, whether used or not.

Need Help? Let's chat.