cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of help fixing autopayment issue

bintz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello ,

My auto payment had an issue with making payment on June 14th because I had to get a new credit card thus making the one on autopayment one invalid. 

My account deactivation date is September and I recently noticed that I received a offer from Koodoo for a 4gb LTE plan for $40/month and was wondering if it's possible to make a switch to KooDoo without continuing my plan on public mobile? Or would I have to pay the autopayment amount for the next 3 month to active my number then make switch to KooDoo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

@Luddite wrote:

@matbasm wrote:

@bintz, to add to what @SD08 said, *IF* the mods are not willing to reactivate your account for the purpose of porting to sister company Koodo, you can have them switch you to the $10 plan, so that the port can happen.  No need to renew a full blown plan for 90 days.

Be careful here. Koodo offers are for specific phone numbers with specific PM plans. Not sure what happens if you have received the Koodo offer, changed your plan, and then accept the offer. @will13am may have a better idea on this issue.

Been there, done that, long story, not going to rehash my own unique details.  Unless the process has changed since the migration offer in February, the migration data base contains eligible phone number only.  The plan has already been used to screen all customers to come up with a list of eligible phone numbers and is not tracked further.  When a customer signs up for the migration promo, they are only required to supply the promo code and the eligible phone number.  Any subsequent changes to the plan at the Public Mobile end after the invite has been sent to all eligible phone numbers will have no impact.  That said, phone number changes at the Public Mobile end will mess up the eligibility.  This is obvious enough that I don't think any further explanation is required.  Long story short, take whatever measures to make the eligible phone number active for migration and you are good to go. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

Be careful here. Koodo offers are for specific phone numbers with specific PM plans. Not sure what happens if you have received the Koodo offer, changed your plan, and then accept the offer. @will13am may have a better idea on this issue.

That's an interesting point.  If it's an issue, I would suggest taking a screenshot from the account clearly showing the account number and features of the current PM plan before making any changes.  That way, the OP can show the screenshot and explain to the Koodo rep that the change was merely for the purpose of the port.

@matbasm wrote:

@bintz, to add to what @SD08 said, *IF* the mods are not willing to reactivate your account for the purpose of porting to sister company Koodo, you can have them switch you to the $10 plan, so that the port can happen.  No need to renew a full blown plan for 90 days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SD08

@matbasm wrote:

@matbasm Right.

@bintz  I should clarify for my previous post, when moderators temporarily reactivated accounts for the purpose of porting, they would usually do it on the cheapest plan available.  Thus you should be sure the Koodo offer is still good first, otherwise, you could be losing a good PM promo/grandfathered plan when the moderator reactivates your account temporarily on the $10 plan.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

SD08

If you want to reactivate your account temporarily for the purpose of porting to Koodo, moderators have been able to do that for customers in the past.  No guarantees, but it doesn't hurt to ask nicely.

Before you do anything though, I would double check to make sure the Koodo switch offer is still valid for you, as it has been a while since I heard of the last switch offers being sent out.

If you're sure, then click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your PM phone number, e-mail address and PIN.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.