cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'In-between' plans?

lizxyz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My brother has referred me but he happens to be on a 2GB plan for $30/mo that is no longer available. Is there any chance of still getting on that if he is referring me? 1GB is too little for me and I 'd rather not bump up to $35 if I can help it. Any ideas? Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

@lizxyz  Welcome to PM.. enjoy the saving!!

lizxyz

Thanks everyone for your help!! Super great info here. I've since signed on to the 35/mo plan. 🙂 Will keep an eye out for those extra deals tho.

@lizxyz   have you joined yet? or you are still debating which plan to go with?

lizxyz

It did. Thanks for your help. 🙂

lizxyz

Good to know! Will keep this in mind. 🙂 Thank you.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lizxyz 

It's either the $25 plan or the $35 plan and then see how much data you really need and then next month you can just change it that's what's great about public mobile.

Look at the bright side. When I started with PM 2 1/2 years ago I started on the $30 plan. It had 1/2 GB of data. A couple of months later they bumped it to 1GB by finally making the 1/2 GB Autopay bonus available on this plan. Then 2 or 3 months later they cut the price from $30 to to $25 where it still is today.

AE_Collector

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lizxyz 

Unfortunately, the only choice is $23/30 days for 1gb or $33/30 days for 3gb with AutoPay.

Usually the best promo are around Black Friday or Boxing Day but there are occasional PM Flash Sale.

I got a one time free 5gb roll over data on the Boxing Day Flash Sale but remember to register your email address to qualify for the Flash Sale as noted @HALIMACS .

@lizxyz 

To be clear the promotional grandfathered $30 plan is 2gb. The current $35 plan is 3gb when you include the autopay bonus.

If you just need a little more data  than 1gb you could purchase the $15/1gb data add on. It will roll over each 30 days until fully consumed. So if you only needed an extra 500mb each month it would only add an extra $7.50 (averaged) to your plan cost.

Or if you are registered for the third month free promo you could activate on the $35 plan and see if the BONUS2GB promocode works for you. That will give you a 2gb data add on (YMMV) and you can schedule a plan change on next renewal (before your first renewal) to the $25/1gb plan and still recieve the $35 credit and most likely keep the 2gb bonus data add on....to dip into when you exceed the $25 plans 1gb data alottment.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @lizxyz 

Who knows, Public Mobile may bring back this special for a limited time.

You can also sign up for deal alerts by clicking on the below link, then going down to the section which reads "Sign up for Deal Alerts"

Plans (publicmobile.ca)

It looks like this...

HALIMACS_0-1622160637331.png

@lizxyz wrote:

My brother has referred me but he happens to be on a 2GB plan for $30/mo that is no longer available. Is there any chance of still getting on that if he is referring me? 1GB is too little for me and I 'd rather not bump up to $35 if I can help it. Any ideas? Thank you!

Sorry, but no. All plans that are available to you are advertised on the website in the plans section.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

so, it is what it is in terms of plans

Keep in mind, you save $2 by setting up Autopay, so a $35 plan is in fact $33.

every year you get $1/month off as loyalty reward, so, it will become $32/month after a year,  and $31/month the year after (but max loyalty reward if $5)

Also, using your brother's referral, you get a one time $10 off

hopefully that gives you enough incentive to come over  🙂

lizxyz

Thanks! Will do.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@lizxyz 

Public Mobile may offer a limited time special for the 2GB for $30, however currently it's priced at $35.00

Maybe keep an eye on the Announcements section of the Community for any updates.

Need Help? Let's chat.