cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have over 1500 Canada wide minutes on my plan but was charged for 2calls to BC. Why?

Chris1357
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

11 REPLIES 11

@Chris1357 

Your minutes are recorded in three different areas in your account. Most obvious is on your overview page under my plan and add ons. This area will list your plan features and any add ons and their appropriate minute or data counters.

These are very accurate in counting usage....if they disappear then you have fully consumed them. These same add ons and plan features and counters are also found by clicking on "view my usage" in the same section.

At the top of the left side section of your overview page is the "my plan" section. If you click on "view my usage" in this section it will bring you to your daily usage pages.

This section can occasionally lag behind the actual minute or text counters when updating usage but it will list every incoming and outgoing call that connects in local time.

Incoming calls forwarded to voicemail are recorded in the eastern time zone. If you call your voicemail from your phone it will be recorded in local time.

Incoming and outgoing texts (both SMS and MMS) are recorded in the eastern time zone.

And finally data usage is updated  twice daily in 12 hour blocks. Always refer to your data counter for up to date accurate usage.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

yes, beauty to PM is that no extra charge at all.  You know what you paid and won't got charged extra as this is Prepaid... unless you paid extra to buy add-ons ahead of using it.

So, maybe you meant you see two numbers calling to BC on your usage history that you don't recognize?

@Chris1357  we could hopefully help,  what exactly is the issue??

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Chris1357 

I just had a thought....are you seeing your voicemail access phone number in your usage history, by any chance?

Voicemail Access Numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

How to set up Voicemail:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

Hi @Chris1357 

To keep things simple and tidy and organized, try to keep all inquiries on one subject thread.

This way, all us "humans" here in the Community can follow your train of thought and help you along the way.

When you signed up for Public Mobile, did you know it was an online based platform with no live, direct support?

Support is via the Community (and we're the best), through Get Help articles at the top of the page, through the little white bubble chatbot to the lower right, and through Moderators like @esjliv indicated.

That's it.

@Chris1357 

We are all (mostly) human. 😛

What is the issue, the Community can help you for many issues if you would like to ask and share ( no personal info. though please)

Public Mobile Representatives are called Moderators and the only two ways to contact them are:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris1357 : We are humans. We can probably help you with your questions up until we would suggest you talk to the actual company representatives. Please look at your other thread and answer some questions.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Chris1357 

Look under your usage history for the recent call.

Does it look like this?   What's the amount showing in the far right?  Is it $0.00 like mine?

If so, you weren't "charged'' for the call.

HALIMACS_0-1622158477418.png

Chris1357
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Chris1357 nobody gets charged extra overages/fees here at Public Mobile, as it is a prepaid service.

If you do not have the service, you cannot use it.

What do you mean you got charged?

Do you have a screen shot of something you can provide? Taking out any personal info. though please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris1357 : How were you charged? There's no extra charges here. Do you mean those 2 calls used your 100 minutes? Do you have a provincial plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.