cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Budapest - current network unavailable.

evan148
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I purchased international minutes before going on a work trip to Hungary however once arriving the network is permanently set to unavailable. I have tried a variety of troubleshooting methods to correct this however none seem to work.

I am using a Pixel 6a with the correct SIM card. Yes I have restarted my phone and reset the network settings. All available options have been done. Please advise. 

6 REPLIES 6

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

To add further insult to injury, Public has no add-on to call Hungary at all anyway even if trying while in Canada.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM does not provide service and will not work at all outside of this continent.

What you purchase is minutes to call FROM Canada and by the way Hungary is not covered by ANY long distance add-on to call from Canada.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@evan148 

For international minutes to work. You need to make the call from Canada. The only Roaming available outside of Canada is in the USA.

PM does not have towers in Hungary. You need to purchase a local SIM.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@evan148 wrote:

Hi there, I purchased international minutes before going on a work trip to Hungary however once arriving the network is permanently set to unavailable. I have tried a variety of troubleshooting methods to correct this however none seem to work.

I am using a Pixel 6a with the correct SIM card. Yes I have restarted my phone and reset the network settings. All available options have been done. Please advise. 

@evan148 As stated by @Outdoorsman Public Mobile does not offer international roaming outside of the USA. The long distance minutes you purchased are for calling TO that location from Canada.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@evan148 hi international minutes only work calling from Canada,Public doesn't work anywhere else in this world besides US with an add on 

Need Help? Let's chat.